Tuesday, 5 May 2009

It's all over...

Hello there,

Well, just wanted to share with anyone still reading that my divorce papers came through today and so I am no longer Mrs ST.

I'm back to being a little miss and although it feels a bit spooky that it's finally all over, I guess this means that this is the beginning of a new road and I hope to god it's not as bumpy as the last one!

I've got lots to update with (and I will be back on here, I'm not disappearing just cause ST's out of my hair)- one of the reasons i haven't been on here for ages is because so much has been happening but I thought this event needed a little mention.


I also wanted to say thank you so much to everyone who has supported me during this divorce process. i never thought the internet could be a source of comfort but it definitely has been. i found a load of YAYW cards and letters from this time last year when I was going through hell in hospital and had had to move back in with my mum. I'd kept them all in a drawer and took them out to read the other day and remind myself how lovely people can be and how much things had changed in less than 12 months.

This time last year I was a broken wreck who wanted nothing more than to go to sleep and never wake up. This year my life is full of hope, love, laughter but still gallons of pinot grigio and gin (some things never change!)
To those of you who supported me I will be eternally grateful and you can be safe in the knowledge that you did a good thing and that someone out there will always think of you as wonderful warm people. You restored my faith in humanity!

Anyway, off to hunt out some champers now, I do believe that this little Miss deserves a drink.

With lots of love

Miss Emmy
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

P.S some people have been asking for my home address, if you e-mail me directly I can send it to you, just don't want to put it on here.

10 comments:

Kirsten Read said...

I am over the moon for you!! I wish you all the very best on your new and exciting road .... and looking forward to continuing reading about the journey of such an amazing and inspiration woman! **throw yo hands up at me** lol xx

mary said...

Tee hee!
I'm glad you're no longer Mrs Supertwat...! He never deserved you.
Have a drink on me!
Mary x

Jo xx said...

YYYAAAYYYY!!

Do you know, it's made my evening to hear this, I can't believe what you have gone through (I was planning on YAYW the same time as you, so have been following from before the start of it all).

Going to go and make a cuppa in celebration lol....I can't drink....got patients to treat tomorrow!

Also, have a fab bday, I live too far away but I can't wait to hear about it.

Joanne

Vicky said...

Yay!!!! I'm so happy for you. I wish all the best for the new you and your wonderful new and exciting future ahead. I'm sure it'll definitely not be dull...lol.

Congrats again

xxx

dressjunkie said...

I've cried when reading your posts last year and now I'm grinning ear to ear reading this one. Simply the best news Em. Onwards and upwards xxxx

Anonymous said...

Ceeeeeeeeeeeel-ebrate good time COME ON! doo doodoo doo doo doo doodoo!

Congratulations my lovely that's teriffic news! You now never have to have contact with that arsewipe ever again!

Grab a bottle of pinot grigio and a straw (sod the glass, who needs it!) and have a great celebration!

Love Tori-liz xxx

Anonymous said...

Woo hoo!!!!

It's been a little while since I popped in for an update, and this is the best news I could have read!

Freeedddooommmm!!!!!

Mrs Salsasspin

cazinski said...

OOoooooh Emmy! That's the best news I've heard all week. That arse certainly didn't deserve someone as lovely as you, and now you can finally wash your hands of him for good. I'm still following your blog on here, I've not commented for ages and ages-but we're all still with you! You're a star, you should be so, so proud of yourself for coming through this. Here's to much love and laughter and many good times to come! xxxx

sparkly2305 said...

Rid of ST at last!!
Congratulations Emma.Im really pleased to hear your news...You've come a long way on your rocky little road but Im sure you've turned the corner and the road looks smoother from here on. Good luck for the future!
Sparkly 2305 x

auntie m said...

Not had a computer to follow your blog for a while .So delighted to hear your news .I have followed you from an excited bride ,to a lady living in hell, to the lady of great courage and now the best bit A lady who not only survived but has found true happiness Good luck to you an amazing woman with a fantastic family my love to you all .Auntie M xx