Wednesday, 27 May 2009

oh so blue...

Well, here I am. Not in Estonia.

Not only am I not in Estonia but I have an ear infection and Tom's got salmonella.

He's been desperately ill since Monday evening after eating some dodgy chicken and egg salad at a restaurant near us. We've had to report the place to the environmental health and Tom's been under the doctor since the early hours of Tuesday morning.

We've had to cancel the holiday and all I've done for 48 hours is mop up sick, change sheets, mix up dioralyte solution and buy toilet rolls - this with my own temperature of 100 and blinding earache.

In the middle of all of this, I also had to go and pick up all the kit for Tom for his first foray into the IVF testing cycle (yuck!)

I'm currently at my parents' having a bowl of chicken soup whilst Tom's mum takes over at his house for a couple of hours. I'm absolutely exhausted and right now I should be in Estonia drinking Vana Tallinn cocktails but I'm still in the same clothes from Monday, completely exhausted and heamorraging snot. In a word - vile.

So, I'm feeling rather down and blue at the moment. Tom looks and feels like death, I don't feel too clever and our lovely break is down the pan. We can't even get the money back for the flights as they were paid for by Switch and you can only claim it back if it's off a credit card. At least we didn't have any hotel bills though as we were going to stay at my parents' holiday home.

Anyway, off to get changed now; I reek of "eau de Lucozade" and the only shots I've been doing lately have been of Night Nurse.

Oh woe is me and woe is Tom!

Will hopefully update soon with some brighter news.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

1 comment:

My Wedding Party said...

Oh Hun, what a nightmare!! I hope you get better soon xxx

PS I love reading your blog!!