This morning in bed at his house, and sober, Tom turned over and said, "Can I buy you a diamond?"
I laughed.
He then said, "Would you like me to buy you a diamond?"
Again, I laughed.
He asked again if I wanted a diamond.
I replied, "Girls always like diamonds. I'd like some diamond earrings"
He laughed.
He then said, "No, a diamond for your finger".
I laughed. Again.
He made a cup of tea.
I freaked out.
I made an excuse about needing to be at my brother's and left.
I am currently hiding in my house.
Tomorrow Tom is having a big BBQ party for my family and his family which he organised last week.
Time to freak out I think.
Saturday, 23 May 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
oh I know you're freaked out but its so lovely and romantic - does he know your feelings on this topic ?
oh i think its wonderful!! you clearly are crazy about each other. I know you've had an awful experince in the past that that was because ST was a twat and Tom sounds prefect for you. Please don't let ST tarnish your view of marriage and being happy. If Tom makes you deleriously happy you should follow your heart and go with the flow :)
This is lovely and remember a diamond doesnt need to mean anything more than just a diamond on your finger ... some pretty bling as a token of his affection for you. Don't freak out just enjoy Tom and his romantic gesture xxxx
Just talk to him, and be completely honest. If he is as lovely as he sounds he will understand.
Maybe a compromise - he could buy you a ring if he wants, but not for your ring finger, then when, and only when (or if) you're ready, move it over, and the two of you will know what it means.
But just be honest - you don't need another relationship with dishonesty in it.
Hope it helps.
Mary x
Hi Emmy
I know how you feel about this and how scary it must feel right now. Could you get one and agree that it is a friendship ring? Huibbie and I did that when we'd been together a couple of yeard but at hat stage neither of us wanted marriage etc so I have a lovely ring which will always be really specail to me. I wore it for a bout 5 years before we actually got engaged (a good excuse for another ring at that stage for me!!!)
ake care.
Love & hugs
Rita R
xx
Post a Comment