Friday, 8 August 2008

What a delightful young lady...

What a delightful young lady Sarah Hall Wells is - I shall be raising a glass to her eloquence, tact and overall empathetic nature tonight. What a shining example of a well mannered young woman she is - her family must be very proud to have such a thoughtful relative, the epitome of charm and decorum. Thank you Sarah for your insightful and heartfelt comments into what are all real events in my life- I am sure they will undoubtedly be helpful on my road to recovery. May I take this opportunity to wish you well in whatever field you choose to pursue and wish you every happiness in your relationships. What a warm and wonderful person you are. May I also remind you that this is not a publicly hosted site such as YAYW where invitations and opinions are sought - this is a tiny corner of cyberspace where, as part of my recovery, I have been advised to keep records of some of my thoughts and feelings; it is neither attention seeking or "bovine-excrement" but merely a place where I can air my feelings and where some of my friends (virtual or otherwise) can keep up with my progress. I do not post on facebook, myspace or anywhere else traceable or public as I do not actually wish to seek attention. This is my personal space for communication but I thank you for taking the time to share a little of my life; I'm sorry you didn't enjoy it - it's not much fun for me either sometimes.

Right, well, where do I start?????

I am currently installed on my parents' sofa having had an odd morning which consisted of baking banana bread cake (the only carbs TB will actually agree to eat) whilst having what sounded like the Welsh male-voice choir tap dance on my roof. It was in actual fact my singing aerial man fitting a new digital aerial; I accidentally sat on my aerial recently (it's in my loft and I tripped over a piece of old carpet up there and ended up with it wedged up my jacksy) and broke it so I've had nothing but a snowy channel 5 for weeks.
After making what seemed like the equivalent of a small barrel of tea for the fitters, I am now the proud owner of a TV that actually works - somewhat of a landmark moment since my supertwat TV hurling championships. I have celebrated by watching the opening ceremony to the Olympics so staring agog at the first moving pictures I've seen in weeks whilst wondering what on earth that "footprints" artwork thing was meant to be. Am I the only one that thought it looked like a class of 5 year olds had gone mad in the paint cupboard??

Anyway, have also been busy having "virtual arguments" with supertwat as he is still maintaining that I should pay for the divorce - where he cooks these ideas up from I just don't know. I've e-mailed him back a very terse reply stating that I do not agree to it and that I'm sure he doesn't want to have his illegal mortgage dealings dragged through the courts so it would be better to agree all of our finances out of court before the divorce. It sounds heavy handed and like blackmail but he's beaten me down to 3K from the 26K he owes me so I'm damned if he's making me pay for the divorce too!

Am meant to be off out to TB's tonight for one of his mate's birthdays but I'm a bit stiff after last night. TB took me training again in a local park with a load of dumbells (no, not his mates - the heavy gym equipment type.)
After 2 hours of puffing and panting whilst he shouted such classics as "windmill rotator cuff into split squat lunge" I was ready to clonk him pretty hard over the head with the weights but I did actually feel much better afterwards - not least cause TB said I looked gorgeous. (This was actually when I was bent sweating over a park bench, admiring some rabbit poo whilst he barked orders at me, so either he really does think I'm good looking or he definitely needs a trip to the opticians). He also bought me a new charm for my bracelet. I have one of those "pandora" charm bracelets and he bought me a beautiful diamondy-sparkly charm as he knows I love anything that twinkles. He also said that if I wore it on my bracelet then it would be like he would always be close to holding my hand.
I cooked him dinner when we got back - BBC Good Food beef stir fry with broccoli - bloomin gorgeous! Not made it before and apart from getting the fat too hot and almost pebble dashing myself with hot oil, it was perfect - TB loved it as it was full of protein - god can that boy eat. We then had a couple of glasses of wine and I banged on about how ST is being a complete idiot. TB's comment was just "what a dick". My sentiments exactly.

I've also been onto facebook at my brother's to see how our "Bannerhanger" antics have been received. They seem to be attracting rather a cult status and it looks as if "Kadriog Bride" may have to be made into a real single, although "Get your hands out of her kebab" may be a little more difficult to get air play for. We even made up some crappy rap about kebab fillings for my mate to do in the middle of the song - god knows what we had been drinking that night. I was also reminded on the facebook re-hash that we had decided what we were going to do if Jo Whiley invited us into the Live Lounge! I had apparently decided to duet with Chris Martin to do an acoustic version of "Kadriog Bride" whereas my mate was going to do a version of "Dance with me" with Dizzy Rascal but with the first line lyrics changed (in honour of the "get your hand out of her kebab" song) to "what's up darlin - I've been keeping my eye on your doner". All in an evening's work for the musical and lyrical talents of the now infamous Bannerhanger.

This morning's post also included a letter from the lovely old couple that me and my mate met in Italy. They had included some photos of us all in the "cocoon re-make" hotel and had written a long account of their journey home including everything that had bought at Tesco on the way back - bless them! It was so nice to receive a real letter that had something lovely in it rather than the usual bills etc - I've already written back and hopefully I've now acquired some lovely new "penpals". Other people come back from their holidays with a holiday romance or a story of a knee trembler with a Spanish waiter; I come back with no romance at all but instead, a septogenarian penpal with trembly knees.

Anway, better get off now as time is ticking on and I've got to go and make myself look presentable for TB - I currently am covered in dust after showing a surveyor into my loft this morning and scrabbling around on my hands and knees in my pantry with a tape measure for my kitchen fitter. I'm currently trying to get all the jobs done in the house that ST said he would do and never did. So, whilst I was hanging the pictures yesterday and banging in nails, guess who's face I saw with every thwack on the nail head??? So far today I've had a new kitchen designed, had the house surveyed for my new mortgage, had an aerial fitted, got a plumber round for a quote for a new boiler and baked home made cakes. And who says women need a man!!!!! (Well, I did need my dad to help me with the paperwork as I accidentally dropped it all off the edge of the sofa and got into such a pickle with it that I couldn't make any sense of it in the end - good old dad)

So, I'll say bye for now and hopefully update again tomorrow.

Have a good weekend folks.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

3 comments:

Mrs L 6/5/07 said...

Hi Emmy

We'll have to start calling you "SUPERWOMAN" from now on especially if you keep organising all the little jobs you need doing. Well done - proud of you girlie.

Glad your little old couple got in touch - people always say they will but never do - at least you could go and see them to get away - if you wanted Time out.

Have a good time with TB - he is a gem for you - how sweet of him to buy the charm for your bracelet and what he said was so lovely.

speak soon hun

keep up the good work - we are all very very proud of you

xx
Samantha xx

auntie m said...

Hi Emmy
Dont have any contact with ST except to tell him everything must go through your solicitor he is just playing you,He is doing all this to try to drive you over the edge.That man is pure EVIL.
Glad everything else is on the up.
You are always in our thoughts xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Emmy,

Been following your story since YAYW and i have to say its made me cry and laugh. I'm glad to hear your on the mend. And as other people have said ignore ST and only talk to him solicitor, he's out to hurt you even more than he already has!

Please ignore Miss Wells and don't let her get to you, there's always someone with nothing better to do!

Keep up the good work, you are such a strong person

xxxxxxx