Helloooooooooo there!
Now, as the Nolans so eloquently put it......
"I'm the mood for dancing, romancing, oooo I'm giving it all tonight; I'm in the mooooood for dancing, I feel like dancing. 00000 so come on and hold me tight, dancin, dancin, I'm in the mood baby!" (la la la la la la la la la.... etc etc etc)
It's party time tonight and I'm up to my neck in preparations for my mum and dad's joint party. Chopped enough onions to make an entire rugby squad sob like babies last night and cooked up a curry that it approximate in volume to the mediterranean.
Today I've just been to Tesco to pick up Mum's bakery order (have you ever tried to maneouvre a trolly containing 50 baguettes? I felt like an extra from "Top Gear" in one of those bizarre driving challenges. I wasn't very skilful I'm afraid but there was absolutely no need for such blue language from the blokes whose ankle I accidentally rammed.)
Am currently sitting here covered in grease as I have just devoured a McDonalds. I feel I should be saying three Hail Marys and doing the rosary as that muck really is sinful. However, for the last three days I've been absolutely starving; in fact, even my laptop has appeared appetising at times. Not felt this hungry for months and at the moment, if it's not ties down, I'll have a go at eating it.
Have got to go to the venue in a bit to decorate it ready for tonight and to transport the 60 litre vat of chilli that my dad made up there too. God knows how we're going to lift it; am sure we'll have to press my brother's digger from his building site into action although chilli garnished with concrete might take a while to catch on.
Have also got to make a giant vat of cous cous salad this afternoon too for all the veggies. I will therefore be adding to my chopping RSI by slicing a hundredweight of peppers and tomatoes. My kitchen looks like some sort of restaurant at the moment as there's so much food everywhere - I think my mum's expecting far more than the actual 160 people that are actually coming.
Went out with TB last night and got more than a little bit drunk. I know this because it's not often that I join a Diana Ross tribute act on "stage" at my local pub to belt out "chain reaction". Believe me, Diana was good but I was pretty far from "supreme". TB thought it was hilarious though, especially as I was still in my training gear from another session with him. (We'd called in for a quick drink on the way back but I was unfortunately lured into a bottle of Pinot Grigio.)
He walked me home and as he was leaving, he opened the boot of his car and inside was another huge bouquet of flowers. He said that he was sad that the others had died and that he wanted to say thank you for doing all the baking for his nephew. I was so chuffed and he didn't mind a bit when I leant forward to give him a hug but forgot I was holding the flowers and crushed them a bit. The stalks a little skewed now but they still look lovely.
Not heard anything much from ST. He e-mailed me the other night to say that he still feels a solicitor is not necessary and he has not been "ignoring" me, although how not replying to e-mails is not ignoring someone I don't know.
Anyway, the upshot is that he reckons that the money is "tied up" in the petition process and that he will give it me back. (fat chance, lying toad). I've had a long think about things and realised that what I'm really after is for him to pay in some way for what he's done. I guess I've been using the money he owes as actual "payment" but what I truly want is an apology for my friends and family. I've therefore e-mailed him and said that I will agree to his terms as long as he meets my parents face to face and explains why he's not giving the money back and why he left. I've also asked him to write to my two best mates and my brother to apologise to them for leaving them to pick up the pieces that night in the hospital and for the sacrifices they've had to make on his behalf to look after me. If he does this then I reckon I can put a few ghosts to bed and maybe even write the money off. I just feel that he owes a few people an explanation as to why he did what he did and he needs to hear from someone other than me about the chaos he's caused. I'm pretty certain he won't do this but you never know and it was worth a shot. I'd just love to see the look on his face if he had to face my father and explain why he was so cruel to me.
Anyway, at least it will make him make a decision and force his hand a bit.... An apology face to face with my parents and the debt written off or a day in court facing my solicitor, having his behaviour and dirty linen washed in public and having to pay me my money back. I wonder which one he'll choose?
So, am off now before I get myself cross about that little worm again and am going to grab a stepladder and some blu-tac and get ready to transform the venue into a palace fit for two pensioners!!!!!
Thanks again for all your love, advice and good wishes; they make me stronger every day.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Saturday, 30 August 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hiya, Its mitzimoo again, you always bring a smile to my face with the way you talk about things, it always makes me laugh. I hope your mum and dad have a fab party,you should be proud of yourself all this baking and cooking your doing for people, obviously people love it. Thats really sweet of TB, he really is a star and a sweetie, loving the flowers, you deserve them. Im glad you are eating more just now, its good to see you appetite back.
I totally understand what you mean about trying to get the payment as a means of him paying for what he's done. I think thats often the hardest part, no explanations, no admitting they were wrong, no making up for it or apologises. My mum and dad split up last year after 29 years together, found out he'd been having an affair, and i think one of the hardest things for my mum to deal with was, there was no explanations, there was a sorry but not that it really meant much but there was no retribution, or payment for the hurt caused.
I think Supertwat will pick the easy way out and pay the money rather than face up to what a complete arsehole and loser he has been towards you.He wont face up to his behaviour as if he did he would need to look at how appaling a person he has become and no telling what that sort of self loathing can do. I hate the way some guys just get away with doing stuff and never having to face up to the consequences of their actions.
As i said i can totally understand you wanting this as a sort of closure and i hope he gives you what you need to move on.
As i said hope you have a good party and enjoy yourself. Take care of yourself.
Mitzimoo xx
Heya, It still amazes me how strong you are as a person!
Hope everything gets sorted!
Have a fantastic time at the party, let us know how it goes :)
Love Diddums xx
PS: I love your writing style!
Post a Comment