Sunday, 31 August 2008

Tears before breakfast.

Had so much to post about last night - it really was an amazing night. However, something horrible happened this morning.
Was at the venue, clearing up with my parents, my aunt and uncle and my best friend. My phone rang and I didn't recognise the number but picked up anyway.
It was our "best man". He basically shouted at me on the phone for about 5 minutes, saying I was being unfair to ST and that I was making his life hell. He warned me to stay away from him and was swearing and f-ing and blinding like mad.
I passed the phone over to my Dad as I was so upset and shaking and he did the same to him.
Feel so very very upset now. After an amazing party where I really felt good and safe amongst people who loved me for the first time in ages, I get that.
My mum's now in tears after her lovely party and everyone is just sitting around at home in silence.
My dad's fuming and can't believe that I've just been abused on the phone after everything that's happened.
He accused me of spreading rumours that he's a drug addict. However, the only people I've asked about it are ST and one other mutual acquaintance. I've kept my mouth firmly shut about it and now I'm getting screamed and sworn at.
Utterly gutted today and can't stop shaking.
What sort of man phones a woman and threatens her down the phone?
I'm devastated, not least for my mum whose party weekend has now been ruined by this bombshell.
Will update with the party details soon but just not in the mood at the moment.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi hun
so sorry that your weekend has been ruined.

(Sounds like ST is actually getting what he deserves IMO and its good he is suffering a bit after what he has put you through.)

The Best man had no right to speak to you or your dad like that though

ilizzie x

Anonymous said...

Log a record of the call and use it as evidence against ST in the divorce - this is intimidation, pure and simple.

Don't let them get you down - this kind of reaction shows that you are finally getting through to him.

Sorry that the end of the party was ruined by this.

Keep your chin up.

Salsaspin x

Anonymous said...

I agreee with Salsapin, make a record of the phone call!

How are he do that!

Stay strong :)

Anonymous said...

I'd get in contact with your soliciter first thing tomorrow about it and prehaps go to the police, it should be stamped out before it begins, Don't let someone else who's doing ST dirty work for him ruin your memories of the party!

sparkly2305 said...

"You're making ST's life hell and being so unfair to him!"
HOW RICH IS THAT!!!

Does your'best man'know the hell he put you through...I think not.

However dont let this phone call spoil your weekend, your Mum and Dad will want to remember the party for all the right reasons - not for the nasty phone call that upset their daughter again!!!

Try and laugh it off and think how childish they sound "GROWN MEN" trying to scare you with threatening phone calls:If he phones again just hang up:

auntie m said...

Sweetheart
The man is a pig.Get a new phone do not answer emails .Do every thing through your soliciter.AND GIVE YOUR MUM A BIG HUG FROM US ALL.Thinking of you all.xx

Anonymous said...

Hi

If this is the same person who came into YAYW abusing you and us for supporting you - he really isn't worth it. ST is obviously spinning a sad story and telling anyone who will listen a pack of lies. I suggest you no longer answer numbers you do not recognise or those calls where the number is with-held, your friends will understand. This way it will go to voicemail. If they leave a rant, more fool them if they do. You then have evidence of intimidation.

Please don't get upset because of ST he really isn't worth it.

Take care

Viv xxx

Anonymous said...

Um, this is the best man who is also an English Rugby squad member??? Name and shame I say!!! Measly little prick.

(I bet he reads this too...)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you all had a wonderful time at the party it's probably what you all needed!

I'm sorry to hear about ST's best mans behaviour. You are right he should have to pay for how he has treated you, your family and your friends.

But if ST wants you to leave him alone then thats exactly what you should do and let the solicitors deal with him! I've a feeling that hurting his pride and pocket is they only way forward now.

I agree with TB you need to start seeing ST for the St he really is!

Keep smiling, you really are doing well and in time things will be even easier than they are now!

xxxx

Anonymous said...

Erm, some perspective here please young lady. You had an amazing night on Saturday with your fabulous parents and a room full of people who love and support you. Surely you will not even contemplate letting a few minutes of utter crap from some tosser taint your weekend? Water off a ducks back attitude seems more appropriate. You have the power here hun, don't give it to them by letting them get to you. Chin up and tell us about the party please, dying to hear all about it!

Kerrym2be xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi sweetie

Wow! sounds like ST is stirring a little bit!

Please don't worry about it. I agree with Salsaspin, log the call and start keeping a diary of every call and email and how they make you feel. Then pass this over to the solicitor and step back.

We're all here for you hunny and big hugs to your mum.

Tori-Liz xx