Sunday, 24 August 2008

Things I know...

Right, I've learnt a lot this weekend so I thought I'd share my wisdom with whoever is currently still travelling my rocky road with me....

1. I don't like crab. Tried a crabcake in a restaurant with TB last night and almost vomited in an ornamental urn. I am never going to a be a glamorous connoiseur of seafood. TB almost choked on the mango and coriander salsa laughing at me as I tried to maintain my composure/table manners and not retch.

2. Drinking 3 extremely large glasses of wine does not make you, "down with the kids". I saw some children from my class last night whilst in the pub and attempted to have a non-school chat with them. It was TB that whispered to me that I was slurring and should not join them for a kick about in the beer garden as one of them suggested. (Don't panic by the way - they have all left my care now and are starting at the High School on Thursday!)

3. Never, ever, ever, ever, ever ,ever be talked into a "Hollywood" by your beautician. It makes a brazilian feel like being tickled in the nethers with a feather. My pants currently feel as if someone has set fire to them and I look like I've been slapped in the bits with a scalding hot iron. Not a good look at all. God knows why I had it done aswell as so far, only me and a wasp that got into my bathroom have seen it. My sex life is not unlike Mother Theresa's (and yes, i know she's dead, that's the whole point. I see as much action as a dead nun.)

4. You can be too blonde. Have had my hair uber-blonded (It's so blonde I'm sure you can see the glare of it from space) I now feel like a playboy bunny. (Except they obviously don't walk around with calamine lotion on their burning, savaged bits)

5. I am addicted to baking. Currently waiting for 2 dozen cupcakes, 2 loaves of banana cake and a giant carrot cake to cook, ready for TB's nephew's party tomorrow. Going to spend the evening icing and decorating. I think I now qualify for "care in the community" as this is becoming an illness.

6. My shoe addiction is getting out of hand. I counted them and am up to 107. Why on earth did i need a pair of day-glow pink ballet pumps?

7. Supertwat is a shithead of the highest order. How dare he bog off to Portugal for a week to get leathered on my money????!!!! He claims he has no cash to give me but (thanks to insider info from my mate who's his mate's girlfriend) he's living it up in a fancy villa in bloody Portugal. Feel like waiting at the airport to kick him in the whatsits when he gets off the plane.

8. Estate agents are liars. (Not just because ST is one either!) My estate agent said that my house would be on "Rightmove" as of yesterday and it's not. Boo!

9. Lunge walking is designed by sickos to make normal people's legs burn as if they have femur's made of molten steel. My thighs are burning so much after TB's workout that I feel as if a wheelchair may well be in order by the end of the day.

Right, rant over.

Will update again soon although not sure when as back at work on Tuesday. God, how on earth is my body going to cope with early mornings again???

Was just wondering aswell, who comes on here? I know a few of the "regulars" e.g. Salsaspin, Willow, Sparkly, Tori-Liz, Mary, Joey, Kimmybob etc but just wondered who else crosses my road now and again. (Apologies if I've missed off any "regulars" from my little list - I just did it off the top of my head. I blame my blazing pants for my temporary amnesia)

Lots of love to you all.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

40 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi there
i'm an avid reader too from YAYW - sorry i don't post comments often.i have tried but they don't get published most times!
ilizzie x

Anonymous said...

I've also been following your rocky road since YAYW. And i would just like to say that i really admire your strength!

Diddums x

Anonymous said...

You've got another reader from YAYW here too. I don't post often either but I love your stories!! Take care!
Jannelle.

Anonymous said...

Hi Hun

I've been following your blog. I'm Lilith1980 from YAYW and I didnt see your original thread on there but got directed to this blog by one of the other members

I enjoy reading your blog and seeing how you're getting on :-)

xxxxx

Anonymous said...

I read it all the time Emmy, this silly site just almost never posts my comments but I love reading this blog, I come on here daily to see if there is a new entry!!

xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Emmy,

I am an avid rocky road reader and have followed your story from YAYW. You are a gifted writer and I hope that getting all out into words is therapeutic for you. I have converted a few of my friends too!
Take care,

Vicky xx

Anonymous said...

Hey Emmy,
I'm still an avid YAYW reader of your blog (scarlet_red_uk). You know that I love your writing style- still keeping my eyes open for the day you get a book deal (and I don't doubt that you will) and I'll be straight down to Waterstones!
Kat x

dec07bride said...

Hi Emmy, just wanted to let you know that i'm still reading, too! I emailed you just after you left the YAYW site, so knew you had set up this blog, when you sent out the email to say so! Have been checking every single day since!! It's great to be able to read how you are getting on and apart from some of the down days, how much better you seem since those dark final days on YAYW, you are an inspiration to us all. x
Dec07bride. xx

Anonymous said...

I pop on (from YAYW) to read about your travels on your rocky road. Although don't comment very often I really do admire how strong you've been and think that good things will always/eventually come to a good person like yourself.

With such wonderful writing skills I await the publishing of your 1st book.....i'm sure it'll only be a matter of time.

vics8 x

Anonymous said...

Hi emmy, I too am from yayw, love your posts xo

Anonymous said...

I'm a regular from YAYW as well, I was Mrs Lamb on there and we a couple of discussions with me trying to work out which famous rugby player was going to be your best man. I never found out by the way!
PS - ST is the most pathetic excuse of a man I have ever heard of, TB sounds like a delight though :O)

Anonymous said...

I also follow your blog-it really makes me smile.
I am a teacher too-assistant head at an Infants. Enjoy what's left of the holiday!

Paula
XXX

HITHAME ELKHODRY said...

hey there, your blog didn't update for me recently, so have just got 3 in a row - yay!

yes, am still reading and enjoying!! just that am busy with last of the school hols so no real time to post, just to read

have a good end to the summer hols

hobbes

Anonymous said...

Yes, I'm still reading and following your Rocky Road - you have come such a long way and you are so strong - keep it up!

It's great to hear the stories - Bridget Jones, eat your heart out!

C xx

Anonymous said...

Blimey! Quite a following you've got here now - maybe you should getyour blog serialised in Cosmopolitan or something!

I'm still in shock from your blog the other day - you turned down a pair of Jimmy Choos????!!!!! However, seeing as you have 107 pairs (I'm going to tell my h2b this as he says I have too many, but it can't be more than 50 or so!), you could probably do without, for now!

Hope the new school year starts well for you - a new chapter in your life.

Much love

Salsaspin x

Anonymous said...

Hi, i'm another follower from YAYW. I love your stories and check everyday for updates. Your writing style is amazing, you have made me cry and laugh with your posts. Keep them coming!
Shelley x

Mrs L 6/5/07 said...

Hi Emmy

I have posted a few times
Keep up the good work

And all I can say to this Chapter is "107 pairs of Shoes!"
lol

xx
Samantha xx

Anonymous said...

Hey, i check most days for updates, i think you are great!!! I am hoping justice will prevail very shortly and st gets it right in the nads!!!
(sorrry was that too aggressive?!)
I was from YAYW too. username was 'iminlove'

Can't believe you passed on the choos and ginas !! he he xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Emmy,

Still bumping along with you hun. Posted a long comment the other day along the lines of please dont sell your house but it disappeared, looks like others have probs sending you comments too...

Kerrym2be x

Julia & Nick said...

Hi Emmy, I was a YAYW person last year in the lead up to my wedding last September - MresJules! I don't log in very often now but I did read with such sadness what had happened to you. I read you blog regularly and wish with my whole heart that someone gives you a superb book deal - you just a have a way with words regardless of what has happened to you along the way.

I will continue to read quietly from my desk and continue you to support, rant a supertwat on your behalf and hope to the bottom of my heart that you meet MrRight soon. If you don't let me know, I have few nice male friends searching desperately for someone half as lovely as you.

MrsJules
xxx

Anonymous said...

I check up on you every few days, i don't comment much because i can never rememeber my log in, oops

One question emmy, what the frik is a hollywood?

Anonymous said...

Hi Emmy,

I too am from yayw and have been following your rocky road. I check most days to see if there are any updates.

Love MrsRobbins2b xx

Anonymous said...

Ahh hunny I feel your pain...I too have suffered the horrors of a hollywood before and I don't think I've ever fully recovered.

As for ST, I have Portuguese family...want me to ask them to hunt him down, kick is scrawny arse and feed him to a man-o-war jelly fish?

One more thing...107 pairs of shoes??!!! GOOD GIRL!!!

Tori-liz xx

Unknown said...

Hi Emmy

I'm also a YAYW, I don't post very often - another person who struggles to log in, and my comments seems to disappear, although that might have something to do with the fact I'm at work!

Big admirer of your writing, and strength and courage you're showing, and praying for Karma to bite ST where it counts!

Hope life continues to improve for you.
Big hugs Laura (laura217)
xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Emmy, I follow your blog. MJ'sWTB, now WIFE :)
I live all the way over in gorgeous Belfast.
Have to admit (well never actually hid it) that I was one of the people initially horrified when you met Trainer Boy so soon after being unwell.
Glad to see so far my fears were unfounded.
Arlene xox

Bob said...

Hey Emma.

I have NO idea what a Hollywood is and I am frightened by the thought of one. I wouldnt like to walk around on fire all day :)

107 pairs of shoes - jealous!!!!!

My otherhalf got me to clear out some of my shoes when we moved into our new place - GIT. Now I know how many you have, im gonna KICK his ASS!!!!

Have a wonderful week -school starts on Tuesday up here in Yorkshire.... Im doing my first PGCE placement as of the Wednesday - ARRRGHGHGHG scary stuff.

Hope you are doing well - how's your weight btw? Don't work out too hard and take care

Muchos Love

Kimmybob
xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Emmy, I'm, from yayw also.

Now I don't know S.T. but I can tell you one thing. How thankful I am that I don't!! What a total and utter c**t he is. Now that is a word that I HATE (sorry) x
He will my love, get what is coming to him. May it be a combination of every STI under the sun causing his bits to drop off, his parents to see what he truly is or in years to come, for someone to do to him what he has done to you! What goes around comes around.

Now I don't know you either, but hey girl. You keep going the way you are. I'm sure you have bad days as well as good, but the strength that you are showing is fantastic.

Hugs and all the best xx
Kirsty

Anonymous said...

Hi there!

Smiler81 off YAYW! I've followed your story from the beginning, but was off YAYW for about 3 months - I think that's when all the bad stuff happened with you! Now I'm back and I suddenly see a post about you, your new blog, and all the crap you've been going through. Well, after recovering from the shock, I've just read all of this blog site and have wasted (in a good way!) my afternoon in work!! Thank you so much for making me giggle, and at the same time my heart goes out to you. You are unbelieveably strong!

I know we haven't spoken much on YAYW in the past, but thank you for sharing your experiences with us all.

Clare xxx
(Smiler81)

Anonymous said...

Hi Emmy
I was on YAYW until June of this year and been following your story. I'm totally amazed at how strong you are.
littleareca

Anonymous said...

i've been following your story from YAYW and I'm in awe, you are so strong and brave. I love reading your blog!

Dillyboo

Anonymous said...

I have been reading from day one. I just have never posted on here.


Viv1 (YAYW)

Anonymous said...

Hi Emmy,
I am an avid reader!!! have been from the start, and used to on yayw!
I was mrsmunro2b on yayw (now *Vicky*) as i am no longer engaged! mr munro turned out to be a ST too!
I love your rocky little road and log on every day to see the next installment.

Love your writing! and you always seem to cheer me up, keep "blogging" and take care!

Take Care
Vicky xxxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Emmy

I had only just joined YAYW when you left but have been reading avidly everything you have written on this blog from the start.

Have to say you are a complete inspiration and your writing makes every day a little brighter. Your writing is amazingly funny and has had me in hysterics many a time.

I hope you continue to write on this for a long time.

Rachel (Rach281109)

Anonymous said...

Hi Emmy

I'm also from YAYW and have to admit that I'm ven more addicted to your blog than I am to YAYW now!

I have posted before, jsut want you to know what an amazign person you are and that there are lots of people supporting youthrough all this. You have come soooo far already.

Love & hugs
Rita R
xx

Anonymous said...

Hi ya emmy

I am also from YAYW, barbird2 more of a lurker on there than a chatter!! - absolutley love your writing, and like others think you should have a book detail, I have your blog as a favourite and check every day if you have posted. I havent read your other posts yet, so I am hoping that you have answered the 'hollywood' question!!

take care
x

Anonymous said...

Hi Emmy,
I'm also a reader from YAYW, your birthday buddy (okay, so there's quite a few of us with the same birthday!).

Anonymous said...

Hi Emmy
I too am an avid reader and have you in "favourites" at work and at home. People at work have often been bemused by me laughing my head off at my desk :) I picked up the beginning of your story on YAYW - I was Kazzacb10 but kept a low profile and then deleted my account when it all started getting nasty around April time.
Take care and good luck.

Sarah said...

Hi Emmy

i'm still reading as well all the way over in California. You have international following ;-)

Keep it coming girl, you sound stronger and stronger each time i read.

Hope the hollywood has settled - ouch

I also think that ST is trying to word things in his favour - make sure you get that corrected

much love
Sarah xxx

Sarah said...

Hi Emmy

i'm still reading as well all the way over in California. You have international following ;-)

Keep it coming girl, you sound stronger and stronger each time i read.

Hope the hollywood has settled - ouch

I also think that ST is trying to word things in his favour - make sure you get that corrected

much love
Sarah xxx

Karly said...

i was an avid reader of your blog on YAYW and have just stumbled across this new blog. It's January 2009 so i've got 5 months of catching up to do!

i love your writing, keep it coming

love

m&b2b x