Wednesday, 11 June 2008

Is a hamstring part of an orchestra???

AAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH - THE PAIN!!!!!!

Just been for a run after my flippin leg has been killing me since Trainer Boy's workout last week. I've been hobbling around like Long John Silver (minus the parrot) and I've not even been able to put my shoes on without wincing. So, today I decided that I've tried resting it and it's not got better so I might as well go for a run on it and see if I can loosen it up that way.

Big mistake.

I did a proper warm up including loads of stretches that made me look like Mr. Tickle in a spin dryer and did a bit of a power walk before I started running but after about a mile, something happened. There was an enormous twanging noise which was not dissimilar to the noise I feel my giant Saturday night pants would have made if their elastic had failed. I ended up in a crumpled heap in agony on a grass verge at the side of the pavement. I was yelling in pain and writhing around between a discarded kebab box and a dog turd. How delightful.

I sat there crying for about 10 minutes before I dared to even try to stand up. I then felt like some sort of drunk thunderbird puppet as my top half was working relatively well but my legs had to do a very interesting and exceedingly stiff little half hop/half shuffle to move forward.
It took me nearly half an hour to get back home and I had to scale the hill near my house on which even Edmund Hillary would have hung up his everest walking poles and crampons and admitted defeat.

I semi crawled my way into the house and lay face down on the carpet in the back room. (It was at this point that I found the missing badminton racket I've been searching for and my favourite hair clip as I spotted both of them under the sideboard as I lay in agony on the floor - every cloud has a silver lining eh!)

Just as I was wondering whether or not I was actually going to vomit with pain, trainer boy rang to have a chat. I sobbed down the phone that I thought I'd left my hamstring somewhere on a verge by the A50 and trainer boy swung into action with an online diagnosis. He reckons that I have actually strained my hamstring as it's been so painful for so long and hasn't got any better with anything I've done so far. He said he'd dash round and come and ice it for me but the thought of him seeing me tear-stained, sweating and covered in grass from the verge (not to mention the fact I hadn't shaved my legs and have terrifyingly hairy shins) made me insist that he stay away. He was devastated that I was hurt and desperate to come round and attend to me but I opted for a tried and tested cure all. I'm therefore now round at my parents' with a giant family sized bag of minstrels and the telly on.

I'm meant to be seeing trainer boy tomorrow though and he's been absolutely delightful for the past few days. He texts me all the time and makes me laugh so much as well as doing lovely things like researching my telly for me and buying me meals out. I have also found out some rather intriguing info about him too. Now, brace yourself ladies cause this is the stuff of dreams.....
Trainer boy is not only University Educated, has his own trendy flat, has abs as bumpy and well defined as a relief map of the Peak District, is a great hockey and football player, is lovely to his mum and sister and is so kind he makes mother Theresa look like a sour old cow but he is also.....

a fully qualified masseur!!!!!

He's qualified to do Swedish, sports, hot stone and therapeutic massage and without giving too much away on here ladies - I can vouch for the fact that he has magic hands!!! So, needless to say I am beginning to thoroughly enjoy my time with trainer boy and the other night he said something so lovely I thought what on earth had I done to deserve such a lovely bloke being nice to me.

He explained that he totally understood my situation as his sister's husband left her after only six months and he said some really lovely things about how he knew exactly what my family must be going through in all of this as he knows how hard it was to support his sister at the time. He then went on (and I'm going to quote a few text messages here)

"Right young lady, if you can't tell that I really like you then I am a lot worse at this game than I imagined. I think you're great and completely understand you not wanting to be hurt. Like I said, I am the last guy to go jumping into long term relationships and I am happy taking it easy with you and seeing what happens. However, the ball has to be in your court on this one; I just hope you bat it back to me"

and

"If I failed to convey my message then I think you're beautiful, funny, interesting and need some fun in your life again. I will support you in whatever you want and will never put any pressure on you."

and

"It's lovely and sunny here but whatever the weather you'd always make me seem brighter and just glow and even if it rained it would be the perfect excuse to stay in doors and just be with you."

and (my favourite)

"For someone to have been through all the stuff that you have and still be kind, sweet and gentle must be someone very special What on earth are you doing with me? - OK need to retain my manliness now so just off to train."

Is he the sweetest or what??? We also had a big conversation about the whole "what are we doing?" situation as I've seen him a few times and things were starting to feel a bit awkward. It was then that trainer boy came up with the most lovely solution. He said that he did secretly wish he could say that he was my boyfriend but knows that the situation at the moment with supertwat and my rather fragile state means that that's just not feasible at the moment. He therefore explained that whenever he got invites to friends' houses and weddings etc he always got asked to bring a, "plus one". He then said that he didn't want just anyone to be a "plus one" but that there was, "only one he wanted to be his plus one" and that that was me. I tell you, I almost melted into a huge gibbering puddle there and then when he said that.

So, I've resisted the urge to let him dash over and tend to my dodgy hamstring which is as taught as a marquee guy rope and am instead just sitting in front of the TV and surfing the net for info about divorces. Texted supertwat yesterday to say that we needed to get the ball rolling with thinking about how to end the marriage formally and that he needed to speak to his dad (who's a judge) but I haven't heard from him. I tried calling him today but he didn't pick up so I can only assume he's busy strapping on his supertwat cape, pulling on his underpants over his jeans and is off causing misery and chaos in another part of the galaxy as he doesn't seem to want to start clearing up the mess in this one. It really does show that he is the most immature little toerag that he hasn't even bothered to reply to a very simple request to get in touch - not even a text to say that he's busy but will talk later or anything. Turd.

Anyway, am off now to try and bend my leg again as otherwise I'm going to have to dash off to Tracey Island with Virgil instead of going home.

So, opinions on trainer boy please ladies - what would you do????

Thanks again to those who post replies - it makes me feel so much better and really spurs me on to keep writing.

XXXXXXXXX Candy

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey candy rock,
every post you make me laugh and everyday you seem to be so much stronger.
So my opinion, trainer boy is a diamond and it sounds like you like him alot more then you thought you would. I think you should just plod along with trainer boy and see where it takes you. what ever happened to the geek guy?
It sounds like you've wised up to supertwat but would you give it a go if he came groveling back? I would personally get yourself to a solicitor and get the ball rolling yourself. Making sure they are aware of the fact his dads a judge, because he's gonna be working to get the most for his son. You need someone to work for you. The last thing you want is him getting half the house or something like that. So don't put it off because he might be trying to screw you over on that one.

Hope your hamstring is ok and that you enoy your free masuse (sp)

Sarah said...

wow Trainer Boy sounds fab - lots of good qualitys there - he's not Gay is he (only joking) :-)

Nickinonicks is right about you getting your own solicitor - you must have all the balls in your court on this one, especially as that house was yours in the first place. He may say he wants nothing from you now but greed is a horrid thing esp if he has his dad helping him.

keep it nice and slow with trainer boy - just have fun hun - thats what its all about - he sounds like he understands xx

mary said...

EmmyW is back!
You do make me laugh. Can I make a suggestion - there is a book i think you should read - if you haven't already. It's called watermelon by marion keyes, think you might find some of the stuff in there a bit familiar... might be a bit gruelling at the beginning but stick with it. have got a copy if you want.
Mary xxx

Anonymous said...

Emmy, you're not going to like this but I really feel I have to comment.

I've been tracking your story since the early days on YAYW and watched your breakdown with deep sympathy. I have to say that your last four or five blog posts are ringing massive alarm bells for me - it's only a week or two since you were stalking your ex day and night, texting him and his mother dozens of times a day and sleeping in a blubbering heap next to the radiator. Now, having supposedly got some closure by inflicting criminal damage on his stereo and car (and probably assaulting him into the bargain) I see with dismay you are apparently on the verge of a new relationship.

Bearing in mind your fragile mental state and recent hospitalisation, I really can't see how this new development can be anything other than a disaster. Either you're imagining the whole thing (which is too horrible to even contemplate) or you really are about to get into a new relationship. If that is the case I can't believe others are leaving encouraging messages. Barely a couple of months back you had a total mental disintegration following the breakup of your marriage, and almost didn't pull through it. For God's sake take some time out. And don't kid yourself with this "taking it slow" nonsense - you're clearly far too dependent a person for that. It's blatantly obvious that you're on a one way road to being engaged again in a few months. Assuming this guy really does exist, he's bound to do something to hurt you at some point (either deliberately or not) and I shudder to think what would happen then. Please, please slow down and have a long break (ie 6 months to a year) before you fry your brain permanently. See a therapist and get complete reassurance that you have recovered from your breakdown before you even think about getting involved with someone else.

One last thing - the people posting "you go girl" messages on here should be utterly ashamed of themselves.

Mitzimoo said...

Hiya Emmy, ive been waiting to hear what had happened after the t.v shopping. Your post reall made me smile, you definetly seem like your getting stronger everyday.

My opinion on trainer boy is he is great, he understands what its like to be in that situation and to support someone who has experienced what you've experienced and also what you family may be feeling too, which makes him quite sensitive to you feelings, needs and wants. I think though he's made his intentions clear he is willing to wait and just spend time as a friend and see where it goes which i really cant seem the harm in spending time with him. I think he's willing to wait until your ready.

Im glad your seeing supertwat for what he is, i had to laugh when you called him a toerag. Its just the height of rudeness not to even reply, but you need to get the ball rolling and get legal advice as the ladies have said to protect yourself and make sure he doesnt take anything. Best to do that sooner rather than later as i really dont trust him, also it will be a big step in getting on with your life and carving out your new identity.

As for anonymouses comments, i think they are harsh and very uncalled for. The person did not need to come on and be like that, if she didnt agree she could have said it in a more restrained way and constructive way.

I certainly do not think its irresponsible to encourage you to spend sometime with someone who makes you feel happy again, who likes to take care of you and who is also boosting your self esteem.

Do what you feel is right for yourself, only you will know that but some pleasent company from an attractive man can never go a miss. xxTake care

mary said...

hear, hear, mitzimoo!
i totally agree!
as to anonymous - i feel angry that the reason emmy started this blog is to get away from the bitchiness that was on YAYW, which is something she doesn't need right now. Emmy needs support and love.
Emmy I don't want to turn this into an argument with anonymous at all but just wanted to support you. Lots of love Mary xxx

Anonymous said...

I agree with Mitzimoo and Mary. Emmy you see to be finally enjoying life again after an awful time so anything or anyone who makes you smile is doing you the world of good. At the end of the day only you know how you feel and whether you are prepared to take things further.

Willow xx