Hello one, hello all - this may be my last post as I feel as if I'm going to die.
My old friend "Gordon" and his "Bombay Sapphire" featured quite heavily in my evening last night and now I feel as if my stomach has been through a mangle and my head trapped in a car door.
I'm currently recovering at my parents' having just driven my mum to M&S for the third time this weekend (trainer boy gave me a 20% off everything voucher that one of his clients gave him that was valid for the whole weekend and my mum's been in a shopping frenzy. She even bought organic M&S caster sugar for this week's attempt at a pavlova after last week's tango meringue.)
I am feeling quite a few pounds lighter too but not through weight loss, through flippin shopping. As soon as that voucher was in my hand I was down there like a shot buying up almost all of their "limited collection" and doing a little happy dance as I managed to get into size six shorts which mean my feet and my bum are the same size - wahey!!!!
I had a slight panic on the motorway on the way back as I was just changing lanes and out of nowhere came this bright orange Sainsbury's carrier bag. It blew up in the air and attached itself right in front of my face on the windscreen. I couldn't see a thing and felt like I was driving inside a giant satsuma. My mum started screaming and clutching her shopping (though how a couple of pairs of leisure slacks in a plastic bag would protect her from rear ending an articulated lorry I don't know) and I began to panic and try to dislodge it with the window wipers.
I eventually managed to untangle the thing just in time to realise I was almost up the arse of a giant chip van being towed on the back of a lorry. Only I could have almost met my maker in amongst a battered caravan full of gherkins and pickled eggs.
Thankfully I'm now currently safely installed on mum's sofa sipping a cup of tea and reflecting on the last few days.
I met up with trainer boy again on Thursday and he took me for dinner at a local hotel. It was really nice and the food was gorgeous. We discussed the fact that supertwat keeps ringing me and telling me he wants to be "friends" and how it's really upsetting me. I had managed to deliver some killer lines on the phone to him though that really got his blood boiling. One was cooked up by my boss who apparently had it said to him once and it's annoyed him for the last ten years. I told supertwat that despite my ex before him being a bit boring and not being very well qualified in anything, at least when we split up he had been a man about dividing our assets and there had been no illegal surprises. This made supertwat start screaming down the phone at me and I just sat there with a triumphant smile as he tied himself in knots and blustered and swore at me. It still stung a bit though when he said, "I just don't love you anymore and I'm not sure I ever did. I do really care about you though and I want to know you're alright".
I told him to sod off.
He then went on to accuse me of being "heavyhanded" by involving a solicitor and that he would give me the money back that he owed me when he had a chance. He told me he just didn't have that kind of money to give me and I replied that now neither did I as he had had all my cash.
I asked him why he couldn't get a bank loan to pay me back and he said that he would have to go to a loan shark and run the risk of being kneecapped. I told him that how he got it was his business and that he should stop being so flippin melodramatic. Idiot.
Anyway, the upshot of it is that it is now Sunday and despite him promising me that he would talk to his parents about how to pay me back, I've heard nothing on the subject but did get a text from him on Friday at 11.30pm saying,"Sweetheart I miss you and I can't bear to think of you all alone- be brave". I swear I nearly drove round to his house and rammed his sodding blackberry down his neck. I just don't know what's going on in his tiny little mind. He truly has lost the plot.
Luckily though, trainer boy has been more than a welcome distraction and he took me out again last night in his local town. I met all of his mates who were utterly lovely but I was a bit nervous so had my usual "ten gins in two hours" approach to social confidence. It meant that poor trainer boy was, at midnight, packing me up into his car outside a chip shop where I was pretening to be Russel Crowe in my new M&S Gladiator style dress shouting, "I am Spartacus! Come on, I'm a gladiator - I'll take you all on!!" and pretending to sword fight with his mates using a rolled up pizza box as a sword.
This wonderfully ladylike moment came thundering back into my mind this morning as I was inspecting the back of the toilet bowl and praying for god to be kind to my poor wretched soul. I also somehow apparently snapped trainer boy's belt as I stumbled into his car and fell over. I grabbed hold of him for support but grabbed his belt and as I fell, the buckle flew off and I snapped his brand new Diesel belt - oops.
It hasn't stopped him helping me out with even more stuff though. The publisher he knows phoned me today to ask if he could ring me tonight to discuss my manuscript and potential publishing deals. I was in Boots when he rang and had so many stripes of lipstick on my wrist I looked like I'd been whipped with a cat o'nine tails and had to drop my basket and run out of the shop so that I could speak to him properly. My poor mum was apparently chatting to me for ages (she had her eyes shut as she was getting a makeover on the Lancome counter) but I'd disappeared. She gave me a huge hug when I came back in and told her though and treated me to a load of M&S food by way of celebration.
Trainer boy really is turning out to be my knight in shining Nikes. Every time I seem to have a problem, he solves it or knows someone who can help me. He didn't even bat an eyelid when, last night, I poured my heart out in the car and sobbed all the way home about my infertility problems and the whole IVF saga. He simply stopped that car and said that he was so proud I chosen to confide in him and that I should never say never because there was always hope. He said that even if I didn't have my own children, he could tell that I would be a mum to someone as he said that I'd be great. I can assure you I didn't look like mum material though in a gladiator dress, high heels, holding a rolled up pizza box sword with a swollen snivelling face and my eyes that were so drunk they were almost looking in different directions. TB just let me in at home and left the usual pint of water by my bed.
I'm not sure he would have been too impressed by my breakfast this morning though. I had absolutely no food in and felt so awful that I couldn't face going to the shops. It was this combo that found me eating uncle ben's microwave rice with chicken bisto gravy in bed at half ten this morning. I truly am revolting. Amy Winehouse looks like ruddy Snow White next to me sometimes. My language was not too pretty either when I dripped bisto all over my lovely sparkly bedsheets cause my mum made me jump when she called me to tell me that her garden has been selected for a local "open gardens" competition. Imagine how delighted I was to hear about my mother's award winning hanging baskets when I was trying in vain to hang onto my stomach lining whilst balancing my carbs-fest breakfast on a tea tray.
Anyway, I'm going to shoot off now and play, "Hunt the nurofen" and then finally crack on with the schoolwork I've been avoiding all weekend. The pile of it is so massive that there's a high chance that I'll need crampons and an ice axe to get to the top of it.
So, I'll say bye for now. Will update again soon. Wish me luck with the solicitor and the publisher.
Lots of gin soaked love.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
P.S If anyone knows why I keep getting random picture messages of a hotel in dubai from an unknown number, I'd love to know...
Sunday, 29 June 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
He he he he!
You did it again! You had me screeching out loud...thank god I wasn't sat on a train reading this!
Trainer boy seems just the tonic(excuse the pun) you need!
Hope your hangover doesn't last all day!
Clare x x x
Your blog certainly puts a smile on my face.
Good on you for getting back on with your life.
Best of luck.
Feex
Another brilliant entry!
I have the blog on my google reader feed thing, and always check to see if there's another installment!
Really hope you do get published, you're a fantastic writer and deserve it.
Looking forward to the next one...
Hope you get to the top of the school work, or the bottom of it. Either way!
ruthemily
x
How can anyone have such a brilliant sense of humour amongst all of the turmoil?!
You truly are a star - and such a fab writer too...
You remind us all that when we're having a bad day, we've just got to get up and get on with it. You are an inspiration - and the best laugh I get each week!
Keep up the good stuff (maybe a little less of the Bombay friend?!?!?!)
lots of love C xx
Love your blog! I check daily for any new installments!You have such a brilliant writing style.
Absolutely brill, please keep your blog going as it keeps me going!!!
Well done you x
I am always happy when I see there has been a new entry! And disappointed when there isn't one LOL.
I have followed your story from the start, months ago, on the forum. So it's lovely to read these blogs. They are fantastic!
Lots of love,
Jo xx
I have not posted a comment on here before but have read your story from the beginning on YAYW. I just want to say I wish you all the luck in the world, I really hope this publishing thing works out well for you.
You writing is fantastic, you deserve all the happiness in the owrld good luck with everything!
Mandi (pindy27 on YAYW)
xx
I'm almost weeing myself giggling!! Am loving your blog, and think you've really got style. Keeping my fingers crossed for you and TB.
Pen (aka poptart) x
"though how a couple of pairs of leisure slacks in a plastic bag would protect her from rear ending an articulated lorry I don't know"
Lordy me woman, just squirted water through my nose when I got to this bit I was laughing so hard! Gonna sue you for a new laptop once you're number one on the bestsellers list!!
Kx
Nearly chocked on my tea when I read "Though how a couple of pairs of leisure slacks in a plastic bag would protect her" Mind you it must have gave you both a fright when it happened, no wonder your poor mum screamed. Glad you got it under control in time.
As for supertwat whats he all about eh!!!
He's not sure if he ever did love you, but he starts his text "sweetheart"!! I dont think he knows what he wants (Its him who's all alone and doesn't want to admit it.)
Just think Emma you could have gone through life married to this twat,and thats a fate worse than death....is it not?
Tell him you've befriended a 'real man'and its time he moved on 'cos you have.
Good luck with the publisher,can I order a 1st edition.
Keep posting
Gillian x
I've given up trying to remember my bloody password for this thing, so I'll just stick with the "Anon" bit.
I'm sat here at work getting very funny looks due to the strange noises I keep making - this is my attempt to supress my donkey-like laugh which you keep on bringing out in me!
Your blog truly is fabulous and I hope the publisher sees sense - if not he needs to get a new job!
Keep being strong and don't let supertwat get you down.
If you do ever figure out who your mysterious Arabian "text-fiend" is, do let us know!
Much love, as always
Salsaspin (YAYW)
Hi hunni
I have just spent the afternoon reading every single blog. I have laughed so hard and cried sooo much all at the same time. I have read your posts from yayw and my heart truely goes out to you. You have been in my thoughts for ages and didn't realise until today you blogged.
I know you are really getting your head together and as you said... grieved over the past events with ST. That vile man will get his comeuppence one day.
You have such a talent with your writing. I was supposed to do a million things today but couldn't stop reading.
I think trainer boy sounds like an absolute rock. It is so rare to meet a man who appears to be so genuine. I guess his experience with his sister and witnessing these recent calls from ST have made him understand more than ever that you need to do things in your own time and have full control. He sounds like a dream.
Do you think ST has suddenly started these mind games because a) you have hit the next stage of recovery and you are no longer pining for him (his ego has been bruise because you have realise he is just not worth it)?
b) MONEY.... he is in a financial mess and now you want to seperate assets/re claim what he owes you that he is playing a mind game of "if she thinks I want to be friends then she might not want money back"?
One big piece of advise (I am sure you already know) would be to persue through your own solicitor.... His dad is obviously going to favor his ST son (despite his wrong doings).
I really wish I could hug you and wrap you up in cotton wool (for your own safety with all these cuts and bumps and muscle tears. lol). I am sure you know that you are slowly letting the sun shine again and you will be alright. You have a promising future, a great job, sucess, you are getting a lot fitter lol, have the most amazing family and friend network, A TV and trainer boy (when you are ready)!!!
Ooooo one more thing...
Could these texts be from the loony accountant? Lol
Take care hunni and big hugs
Tanya xxx
Hi Emmy
Again you have had me laughing and crying.Please please write a book.xx
Post a Comment