I see a therapist every other day. I don't post those conversations because they're private. I did not lay a finger on ex and resent the implication that I did. My family are fully aware of where I am and what I'm doing and who I'm with and monitor everything I do. They also speak to my counsellors weekly about my progress.
I have binned off seeing action geek as he wanted a relationship and I definitely do not. Trainer boy is someone who makes me smile and gives me some distraction in what is otherwise a pretty bleak time for me. I can also assure you that he is definitely real and by no means a figment of my imagination. I may have had severe reactive depression and suffered extreme stress but I am not delusional. I write about some of the nice times I have and some of the hard times and although everything I write on here is true, this blog is by no way a full and clear picture of my life or indeed my feelings. My deepest feelings are private and complicated and I do not wish to share them with anyone other than my counsellors and my parents.
Writing things helps me gain perspective though; it helps me focus on what is important to me; makes me smile and gives me something to do.
My ex took my self confidence, my trust, my belief in people and my whole future. I am not ready for a relationship at all and by no means want one. What you don't hear about on here are the messages from my friends and family before, during and after every "date" to make sure that I'm OK. You don't hear about the meals they cook me because I'm still struggling to eat or the grilling I get every time I have met trainer boy to ensure that he didn't try and push things. My "dates" with him are simply that - dates to pass the time. He is well aware of my situation and is never more than a perfect gentleman. This minute he isn't - I'm off.
I am not a "dependent" person. I spent many years on my own and have never seen the need to have a boyfriend or indeed a husband. I am fiercely independent at work, bought my own house at 22 and have bought, done up and sold another 6 properties singlehandedly without any man and have had an amazingly swift rise up my career ladder, achieving many national accolades and being the youngest ever education consultant, assistant head and deputy head in the UK and the only UK leading Literacy AND Maths teacher. You don't get all of that if your only concern is who you're going to hook up with next. My family are the only people I depend on and the only people I ever will. My ex had to twist my arm so much to get me to agree to a date to marry him as I didn't want to give up my independence and look where it's got me!
I know full well that I am in an emotional state at the moment. I feel sometimes as if I'm on a rollercoaster and I just want to get off. I never signed up for this and would never wish it on anyone else. I have even discovered today that in addition to the debts, CCJs, court summons, property purchases and tax evasion that ex was caught up in, that he was also regularly using cocaine which I had no idea about - every day brings a new and hideous surprise.
As for the stereo and the TV... This rather pales into insignificance when you consider that he regularly used to come home drunk and smash things up. He ruined the shower, the bathroom door and an antique chest of drawers through punching them. He never used to touch me but I was terrified nevertheless. He also then used to yell at me when I cried when he did this and if I tried to leave to go to my parents' he would accuse me of running away and abandoning him.
I am also currently covered in bruises from him trying to pull me off his car. There was no reason for him to crush my hand around the glass I was holding when he pulled me away. He could easily have picked me up off the floor (he's over six foot and I'm 5'3) instead of squeezing the glass into my hand and dragging me by the arm so much that it's black.
I hope that people do continue to use this blog as somewhere to keep in touch. I miss lots of the people and friends I made on YAYW and love hearing from people as it helps towards making me feel "normal".
I do however, hope that people read this with the understanding that it is a snapshot of my life. It is by no means a full representation of my feelings and events as I simply cannot and will not publish everything about me, my family and my feelings. The people around me and my counselling team love me very much and are well qualified to help support me through this difficult time. I love them all dearly and know that they truly have my best interests at heart. So, rest assured that all is well in my camp and that I'm not about to jump into another relationship either now or in the near future. I am neither dependent nor a person to assualt another human being. I'm just trying to cope with the shitty hand that I've been dealt by the one and only supertwat.
Thanks for reading and I hope this clarifies a few things.
Love to you all
XXXXXXXXXXXXX
Thursday, 12 June 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
15 comments:
Emmy,
I haven't commented yet on your situation, but have read carefully since you first posted on YYW and you have been in my thoughts a great deal over the last few weeks.
I want to say that I think you are doing an AMAZING job of trying to get your life back to some kind of normality.
You are an intelligent, witty, funny and kind person - I am quite sure that you have the strength to get through this with the help of your friends and family. I think that if you can find a lovely young (or even not so young) man to take you out and help you to re-build your self esteem and confidence, then GO FOR IT!
You will know if you are no longer comfortable with the friendship with trainer boy - and no-one else! I really hope that you have lots more fun to come with him though!
I think it's easy for people to think they know best, but just remember that most of us don't even know you - you are quite right to only trust and share your innermost thoughts and feelings with your parents and your counsellor. You need positive comments from your audience and nothing else!
I will keep reading and I will keep sending you all of the positive vibes that I can - keep writing honey, you never know - THIS may make a better book that the previous version!!
lots of love
C xxxx
I have just read yesterday's blog and laughed like I do at your witty writing. I don't normally read the comments but for some reason read yesterdays. I thought anonymous' comment was harsh, if not down right nasty. You write this blog to help you deal with the nasty stuff you have had to face. Yes sometimes I read what you write and think "nooooooooo!" (like at the wedding you went to)but hey, we all make mistakes! At least you realise when you have done something silly (once the gin has worn off!)
When you said "Come on ladies, what should I do" in refernce to Trainer Boy, I wanted to post back "What should I do? Trainer Boy, that's what I'd do", but maybe that's just cos I'm a bit rude! You have stated you don't want a relationship, he does but is willing to take it slow. I see this as he is willing to be kind and thoughtful to you, and is trying to help you feel better about yourself. I can't say that that's a bad thing. Good on trainer boy!
Your family have clearly been absolute legends through all of this. Sounds like he is being a lovely man, and that's what you need.
Keep positive and keep writing the blog, it makes my day reading it at work. you should seriously get this published, so glad the thread came up on Y&YW
Chin up, and failing that, gin up!
xxx
Emmy
Most of us have the maturity to understand your wonderful blog is just little snap shots of your life.We all stil worry about you but know you have a wonderful supportive family.You have fun and take things at your own speed.GO GIRL .Auntie M xxx
Emmy,
Dont think you have to explain your health and friendship issues to anyone on here, and Im sure you didn't need reminded of how fragile your health was recently.
Most of us on here know the delicate condition you were in and negative comments are not needed.
You sound more confident now since you befriended trainer boy and
its obvious from your writing that you have a more positive attitude towards your future and if trainer boy features in that then so be it.
How is your ham string?
Sparkly2305 x
Hi Emmy, Im sorry you have been made to feel that you have to defend or justify yourself due to anonymous comments. I think their comments were very uncalled for and actually down right nasty.
These blogs are a snapshot of something that has happened in your life that you want to share not your whole life. Its like when people are depressed, i was one of them that you sometimes put a smile on your face and come out with funny things, and its not because your feeling great all of the time but as a mechanism to get by.
From reading everything even before today's post, i thought of you as a kind, intelligent person who is very independant, and it was only through persistence of your ex that you decided to eventually tie the knot, not that you didnt also love him.
You craved out an amazing life for "yourself" and are continuing to do so. Though we are worried about you we know you are getting support from the counsellors and your parents and friends and that they have been fantastic and that you talk all your concerns, and worries with them and that they will always be looking out for you and trying to protect you. You have discussed hard times, and difficult periods but this has also been balanced with funny moments with the various boys who have helped to pass time during this difficult period of your life.
I think anoymous needs to actually go back to the beginning and read the threads and posts again as they obviously werent paying attention. It has been a rollercoster for you and will continue to be so for a while, but whats wrong with having someone along for the ride. Someone who knows what you going through, realised you dont want a relationship but wants to spend time with you and to highlight all of your different qualities that he likes and one's that maybe you yourself cant see right now due to your ex's callous behaviour.
I think the more i hear about your ex the more i think it was such a close call, that he will be going down for something and you were lucky to escape when you did even though it was done in the cruellest way possible, shame on him. And shame on him for scaring you and hurting you, i guess no one knows what goes on behind closed doors.
I say spend time with trainer boy, its making you happy and for that small period enjoying life again and that cant be a bad thing. You have plenty of people looking out for you and he is clear of your boundaries, so have fun, enjoy the massages, hope you hamstring gets better soon.
Take care and i hope you keep writing. xx
Emmy my lovely, you hold your head high and don't take derogatory comments to heart.
You are obviously not a fruitloop because your sense of humour is a sharp as it ever was, and you give a moving and honest account of how your days are going.
Trainer Boy sounds fab but just make sure you're ready. You know what I mean, and you're not stupid so I'm sure you will take the right path.
I really do wish you all the best. You deserve it.
Wow - Emmy - i hate it that you have had to justify yourself - grrr...
For many of us we have been following your story for a long time and have felt real shock and sadness at some of the things that have happened, well i know i have.
Having come out of a 10 year relationship in the past i know interacting with people outside of my usual circle of friends and connections really helped me. It made me realise that life wasn't so bad.
I agree with the other girls - you keep doing what you are doing, write if it makes you happy and see trainer boy if he does to
can't wait for the next instalment
S xxx
Right, it's me Salsaspin - still can't remember the bloody password I used to sign up to this site!
Firstly I'dlike to say how much happier you are sounding, like the light truly is at the end of the tunnel.
As for "Anonymous", I can kind of see where she (presumably) is coming from in that we want to make sure that you are taking things steadily, but she couldn't have been more tactless!
Ignore the comments, and continue on the steady road to rebuilding your life. Maybe Trainer Boy is the perfect man for you, maybe not. Time will tell.
Did you get in touch with a solicitor to start divorce proceedings?
Much love
Salsaspin x
yet again mitzimoo, you seem to have hit the nail right on the head and said exactly what i was thinking! gosh, you are awfully sensible!
emmy, i am so sorry that you have come on here and had to justify yourself, but on the plus side, you seem to be dealing with everything in a very mature way. I can only say again that your family sound AMAZING, and they seem to be looking after you so well, of which I am glad.
as for supertwat, the latest news has shocked me even more - i thought he was such an idiot (sorry for the insults to himbut i am really angry about how he's treated such an amazing woman!) before but he just keeps proving himself to be, well, a supertwat. i know feelings don't fade, but i honestly think that this has happened for the best...
i'm off now - it's my wedding day tomorrow, then i'm off on honeymoon for 2 weeks, but will be dying to hear more about trainer boy etc when i get back. you'll be in my thoughts and prayers, and look after yourself
Much love, mary xxx
Hey people!
IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANYTHING NICE TO SAY DON'T SAY ANYTHING AT ALL!!!!
Emma
I don't think you need justify yourself to anyone! I think Trainer Boy is really good for you he fully understands your situation and is there to help you through the bad bits! What can possible be wrong with that??? I felt sad reading your post today - normally you have me in stitches, it's so sad that people can't just be supportive.... and if they don't like what you saying then why bother to follow your blog????
Please keep writing your blog keeps me sane during the working day! lol
Grrrrr! I thought we'd left moaning buggers like that behind in YAYW...there's anyones one though, isn't there? Don't you take a blind bit of notice Emmy, you're doing exactly the right thing. Of course, you know yourself and your family know you far better than anyone on here ever could. We can't comment on what you should do, all I can say is that I think you're doing everything that you need to be. You know it's a bloody hard road at times, and you have clearly said that you're not looking for anything serious or to get back into something again. Spending time with Trainer boy is really taking your mind off Supertwat, and where's the harm in that?? You're not leading him on, he's not hurting you-what's the problem? You carry on, and I will be one of the despicable people that egg you on and say....YOU GO GIRL!!!!!
Much love to you,
Cazinski xxxxxxxx
I love reading your blog so much Emmy, and look forward to each installment. The quality of your writing, and your fantastic outlook on life make "A Rocky Road" a joy to read.
Please don't be put off by comments like those from Anonymous, you're a talented, intelligent person and your progress over the last few weeks is a real inspiration.
Keep up the good work,
Vx
WHAT A LOAD OF BLOODY CRAP THIS GIRL COMES OUT WITH. ALL TOTAL BULL AND ATTENTION SEEKING IF YOU ASK ME. GO GET A LIFE YOU BULL S***ER. I WONT BE BACK SO SAY ALL YOU LIKE BUT WE ALL KNOW.
Emmy, please don't feel the need to justify yourself.
it's 'annonymous' that's dilusional if she thinks you made trainer boy up!
your blog is a wonderful gift to all of us, please keep posting.
all the best
M&B2b (yayw)
I have just recently discovered your blog and I have to say I think you are an amazingly strong woman. I find your success in your career an inspiration. In fact I love your blog so much I have started from the beginning! I think you could most definitely write a book to rival many out there and I can somewhat appreciate some of what you are going through as I am currently in a less than satisfactory relationship. My sister can also relate to many of your stories, so I guess men are twats to most women. I just wanted you to know you have a new number one fan and when I manage to get through the entire blog I can start leaving comments on your current entries. Keep doing what you're doing, it's brill!!!
Post a Comment