Monday, 2 June 2008

Cupid's arrow and the battle of Hastings...

Well, today has been a much better day today. Forced myself into work and my goodness me am I glad I did!!!!!

Got into work and sat with my boss rehashing the events of the wedding we attended as a staff the other weekend. I was howling at the story about how my mate threw someone's shoes off the balcony after tripping over them on the landing about three times, only to find out they belonged to one of the bridesmaids!

I was also horrified to hear that apparently I had tried to lead tiger boy into both the kitchens (which were full of teens doing the washing up) and then into a cupboard full of flannels in a vain attempt to chat him up out of the view of my workmates! Turns out they were all killing themselves laughing at me as I was doing this in front of a set of glass doors so wasn't exactly discreet! Aaaaah, I am so smooth; heaven only knows why I'm single...

I still haven't solved the mystery of my shoe though and my mate has no idea why the hotel manager got so angry when she was found asleep on a pile of sheets in the laundry cupboard. Moral of the story - free bars are baaaaaaaad!!!!!

Anyway, arrived at school today to find I had a new girl starting in my class and she was absolutely delightful, really shy to start with but my lovely kids were so nice to her and she was grinning and really happy by the end of the day. I was so proud of my class for being so nice - I must have taught them something good- not bad for an "emotional bully" I thought to myself.

Also, completely forgot that I was being observed all morning by a teacher from another school as part of her development. Now, despite one of my class asking me if Dick Turpin was gay in the middle of my Literacy lesson, the observations went really well and she was so grateful for the help I gave her. So, I stored that little bit of loveliness in my, "Sod you Supertwat, I am not a horrible person" part of my brain and started to prepare for the afternoon rehearsals of our end of year production.

Now, it's not often that one is required to coordinate a hundred kids in a musical interpretation of the Battle of Hastings singlehandedly but this was my life this afternoon. In between shouting such classics as "Do you really think a Norman soldier would skid across the battlefield on a pair of Heelies with his hands in his pockets?" and "Why have you wedged your script down the back of the piano?" and "A Glockenspiel is not designed for that..." I found myself trying to choreograph the scene where King Harold gets the arrow in his eye through the medium of dance.

I was therefore gripping a tattered script between my teeth whilst pretending to be a six foot Norman solider and dancing with an imaginary arrow and quiver. This was all done in a pair of red kitten heels and a beige suit. I can again only imagine the reasons why I'm single; I would think that any man on earth would be hard pressed to resist a woman masquerading as a bloodthirsty thousand year old killing machine brandishing arrows to blind people whilst dancing in a suit.

After collapsing in a post-performance heap I was joined in my office by the head and our local police officer. For the sake of argument, we'll call him PC Perv as he once told me a hideous story about a public toilet, someone's scrotum and a bootlace that has haunted me for over three years...
PC Perv started asking me about my new Merc I was planning to buy and asked if my new husband was "minted". I told him to sod off as I thought he knew about all my problems. Turned out he didn't. Had to then retell the whole story and at the end he said "If you want, i can get someone to warn him off calling you so many names and get him to stay away from you?"
I said that that wasn't necessary but if the police could turn a blind eye whilst I whacked ex in the family jewels with a heavy based vase from our table centres then that would be lovely!
PC Perv was actually really kind and he only lives up the road from me in our little village so he said that he's make sure that the local squad cars kept an extra special eye on me and my house now that I was living on my own - bless him!

After school I came straight back to my parents and was very excited because a guy that I've been e-mailing has sent me some really lovely messages. For the sake of argument we'll call him scuba man as he loves diving. He's gorgeous, 34 and very very very funny. Not only that but he loves Gin!!!! Wahey!!!! We had a rather interesting conversation about what fruit we liked in our gin and he suggested lemon, I said lime, he then asked if I had every tried celery, I replied that I hadn't but that radish was considered an avant garde addition but to steer clear of bananas.

Have actually got a few butterflies about scuba boy which is a bit odd considering my current situatin. However, he makes me laugh so much that I have tears running down my face and it's not often that a bloke makes me laugh out loud. I've been a bit spoiled because my dad is hilarious so every other bloke is a hard act to follow. Come to think of it, ex never once made me laugh - funny that isn't it??????

Anyway, I'm off home now to go for a bit of a run and pick up some more stuff before heading back to my parents to continue my e-mail conversations with scuba boy. Trainer boy is coming round on Thursday to punish me with my new workout and action geek rang me for ages to tell me about his Pirates of Poole and Southampton antics which made me laugh.
Oh, and ex rang me tonight to tell me he can't come round to bring me our wedding certificate this week as he has to trim his mum's hedge. Is it only me who thinks that sounds a bit odd??

Off then to see if cupid's arrow flies this way from one of the lovely blokes who are melting my phone and whether PC Perv has policed my house satisfactorily!!

Thanks again for reading. MrsPP2B tells me that there's a thread started by Mitzimoo on YAYW so a big thank you to her. I truly love hearing from everyone on here.
Oh, and spread the word to others that I'm this corner of cyberspace - I'm a little bit lonely!!!

XXXXXXXXXXXXX Candy

9 comments:

Mrs L 6/5/07 said...

Emmy
you have managed to make me smile again.
I can't believe the way your words always make a bad situation seem funny and witty.
I have got my friends in work hooked on your blog now - lol

I am going to print them off and send them to my mum to read it will keep her smiling every night when she's chillin out.

Keep up the good work hun.

Mrs Knight 2 Be said...

Hey Emmy,

I have only been registered on YAYW since April, so only caught your last few posts before you left completely.

I have to say your Blog is great and so funny. I thoroughly enjoy reading it.

I'll keep checking in

Sam
x

essex_amber1 said...

hon,

I so glad that you haven't lost your sense humour. You are my dear, a testim,ent of strength. You may not think it now but you will when you look back on this in years to come. Do not let twatface win. Girlie, keep your head high and your low kicks directionally aimed at twatface's bollocks! You spend your part of the IVF treatment on an SLK he can spend his on testicle retrieval surgery!!

dec07bride said...

emmy,
I have just caught up on your blog since the exams, did post you a comment back then.
How on earth does someone i have never met and never really had a proper conversation with manage to make me both laugh and cry? even though these are some of your darkest days you still manage to 'tell and sell' a story, I have never read such a gripping story!
when things are going much better you should definately turn this into a book, with your happy ever after, whether it be with dodgy scouse boy or scuba boy....or tiger boy....or trainer boy....or action geek, my goodness, so many mew, so little time! or even happy as you, by yourself. You don't need a man to have an identity, you are you emmy, and that is a very special thing, you are the person, who even during her bad and blue days, still has the ability to make so many people laugh and cry with your words.
Much love, Hx

RecoveringMyselves said...

Hi Emmy,
So lovely to read your blog! You certainly give Bridget Jones a run for her plentiful money!
Glad to hear you are on the mend. Little steps. You can't eat an elephant in one bite, or whatever that phrase is! I was never sure why anyone would want to eat an elephant myself, but the sentiment is there.
Keep writing. You'll never be lonely! It may feel it sometimes but there'll be plenty of people logging on to 'see' you!
Much love from another Emmy! (my fiance has always called me Emmy, I've never known another!)

(ruthemily on yayw by the way :)

auntie m said...

Emmy
We are all still here for you.Look after yourself sweetheart.xx

Mitzimoo said...

Hi CR,
Sorry ive not been on hear for a while, problems with laptop i hate technology. Sorry i was a bit slow on posting on YAYW, heads been a bit up my butt just now but i got it on just before the laptop broke again so hopefully people will find you soon.
Ive been asked to pass on some messages so im going to copy and paste them below.

Hi Mitzi,
Thanks for posting this for us! Ive been wondering how Emmy is and will now be able to read for myself! If youre talking to her at all will you please tell her that I was asking about her and that I send my love and best wishes to her!
Thanks
Paula
x


FeeFee232


Joined : Dec 04, 2007
Posts : 320
Rank: Bridezilla

My Other Topics
Posted : Jun 02, 2008 4:00:50 PM

Subject :
EMMY W'S BLOG

Hi Mitzi
Thanks for posting this.
I really hope that one day you will realise that you can find true happiness Emmy.
You can obtain a copy of the Marriage Certificate in your own right it costs a bit of money but may well be worth it so you can move on with your life.
You can then decide to speak to a solicitor about getting your marriage dissolved. If you consummated it annulment is not an answer. Divorce takes time and financial issues have to be settled.
I hope you don't lose out financially to this guy you don't need that insult to add to the injustice you have suffered already.
You have friends here who want to help and support you.
Best wishes.
Feex

**Angel**
Joined : Jun 29, 2006
Posts : 2722
Rank: Bridezilla

My Other Topics
Posted : Jun 02, 2008 4:23:07 PM

Subject :
EMMY W'S BLOG

I tried it but it didn't work grr, then I realised I had to register will do that later!!
This is what I typed, if you can send it her way:
Your writing is fantastic, you need to realise that you are amazing, beautiful and intelligent (I am jealous)! You need to show him that life goes on and show him that no matter what he puts your way, you are better than him!!
You deserve someone so much better. I know it's hard but it will get better x


MrsRobbins2b!
Joined : Jun 04, 2007
Posts : 963
Rank: Bridezilla

My Other Topics
Posted : Jun 02, 2008 6:53:51 PM

Subject :
EMMY W'S BLOG

I have read her blog, i am unable to leave a message for her for one reason or another.
Please pass on my very best wishes and my hope that she will find happiness and peace within herself soon
x

I think some people have had trouble posting so they have been reading but just not posting comments but still following your story.

I have to say since ive been off you have been busy, been asked to go on a yacht, getting stalked bu action geek, meeting dodgy scouser the list goes on. Im really glad you are going out and about even though you dont feel like it. Maybe stay away from Ikea for a while, lol sorry i laughed out loud as it sounds so much like me i am so clumsy and i can just imagine it.

Its good you went back to school seems like you had a really nice day there, i think spending time with kids is really therapeutic as its just so simple and straight forward, they always can make you laugh too.
Now you have to tell us the story of Pc Perv, im intrigued.

Though he's a perv thats sweet of him though and he could come in useful later down the line if Twathead becomes a problem and you have to bash him over the head or in the crotch.
Scuba guy sounds nice aswell and if he's making you laugh even better. I dont know how you'll be able to keep up with them all soon. Your phone will end up melting with all the texts and phonecalls, its good though. I really need to try and remember all these names as im starting to get a bit confused as to who's who, always remember trainer boy and his big guns though, bang bang.

Omg, i just read the bit about your ex and his mum's hedge and yes that does sound very odd, hmmmm.
He really is a knobjockey though he cant bring it round as he's trimming his mum's bush i mean come on how big is it. He's just trying to hold onto some control. I actually sometimes feel like screaming when i read about him as he really infuriates me so much i want to slap him, sorry ive got a bit pms.

No probs about the thread, sorry it wasnt done sooner.Take care xx

misslocket said...

Hi Emmy,

I arrived at your blog via the link on YAYW. You have such a way with words and a natural wit- i've just been sitting here on the sofa shrieking with laughter with tears running down my face. Here's to staying strong and adding a little levity to the dark days.

Lucy x

sparkly2305 said...

Hi Emmy Ive tried to post a message since last week-but didn't know I had to register(shows you how thick I am)It was a reply to Angel on yayw made me realise where I was going wrong..
I love reading your stories-they are spellbinding and I hate admitting this but I sign in every night for the next episode.Its hard to remember that we're on here to support you because you've got such a great sense of humour and your stories are always so funny.
Keep it up!!
x