Oh for goodness' sake - why is it always me that ends up taking the Year 6s on their residential adventure week? 5 days of sweaty sleeping bags, wet walking boots, pretending to enjoy abseiling and food that you wouldn't give to a pig! Yes, I'm off once again to the lovely PGL centre for the Y6 residential. It'll be the fourth year running and I'll have to endure a week in waterproof trousers and so many layers I can't move. I don't know what it is about these outdoor centres but they seem to be twinned with the arctic and therefore render you unable to move your fingers or feet, which is no good when you're trying to prove to the kids that you can climb a 50ft wall and look like you're enjoying it.
Last year, i even started lying to the instructors and telling them I was pregnant so they wouldn't make me climb things and hurl myself off great heights but that kind of died a death at the staff cheese and wine evening where, faced with only the cheese, i came clean! So, week begining March 9th, I'll be donning my unsexiest clobber, strapping on a helmet and flinging myself into a climbing harness.
Needless to say, i am not impressed at the whole situation and although i'd rather gnaw my own arm off, I'll smile sweetly for the kids and look like my favourite thing in the whole world is launching myself off platforms in a hoist or paddling a canoe on a freezing lake in gale force winds.
Luckily, I'm off out tonight with lovely Tom and I'm going to introduce him to a few more of my friends. Although he is utterly adorable and my family love him (my mum actually had me by the throat in her pantry the other day, shouting at me not to muck it up as he is so nice!) I'm concerened my "twatmagnet" is not working and therefore, the more people who can vet him for me, the better! I'm sure they'll love him though - everyone seems to and he really just is Mr Perfect in every possible way. He's been down in London these last few days and I've missed him like mad. My house is positively arctic (despite my brother's best attempts to fix the antiquated heating system) and going to bed on your lonesome in a bobble hat, fleece and tracksuit is never a nice option. Can't wait to have someone warm to snuggle up to tonight rather than a draughty duvet and a room so cold you can see your breath!
He should get back today to some little present I left him - I made him one of those personalised Moonpig cards and hopefully it'll make him smile. I know it's not much but ST robbing me of over 20K has left me pretty short of cash. Hummmmmm, it might also be to do with the fact that I bought a new Audi TT with my IVF money though so I suppose I shouldn't complain! In answer to anonymous' question about paying for things, I always offer to pay and never ask for anything. However, Tom earns over 5 times as much as me and is used to a different lifestyle. He is aware of how much I earn and knows that I can't live the same way as he does. He's therefore very generous towards me and I try to be equally generous but within my means. he always asks if I'm OK with him paying and I've already declined many offers because I just can't let him spend like that. Rome was my Christmas present and skiiing is my Valentine's present. I'd hate anyone to think that I'm some sort of gold digger! I work and earn a decent wage, it's just nowhere near Tom's.
I'm also having my hair done at the weekend. I'm toying with the idea of a Sarah Harding, girls Aloud style crop but am not sure it'd suit me. So, amy opinions welcome. I'm worried I'll end up looking like a big faced pumpkin with is short as I've always had longer hair - these pictures are pretty much the shortest I've ever had it. However, i seem to be addicted to hairdressing at the moment and so reckon I might bite the bullet and go for the crop.
Here's link to how I reckon I'd like it...
http://www.virginmedia.com/images/sarah-harding-gal-fhm08.jpg
So, let me know if you think it'd make me look like some sort of winter vegetable or whether you reckon I could pull it off. My brother's already been extremely helpful by telling me it wouldn't matter what hair I had, I'd still be ugly - cheers mate!
I'll let you know how it goes tonight - I'm sure Tom will charm the pants off my mates but it's always a worry when you bring groups of people together. Although saying that, my dad is virtually jiggling with delight about Tom as Tom used to work for Wetherspoons and as real ale is my dad's favourite topic of conversation, those two get on like a house on fire. In fact, my dad prefers speaking to Tom about casks, pumps and taps than he does to me. i found the two of them deep in conversation at my brother's housewarming the other week for over an hour! I spent most of my brother's party apologising to his chippy who had broken my fall when i realised my brother hadn't yet screwed the banister on properly. It was not attractive but luckily he didn't need to take any time off work although I have avoided him whenever I've seen him carrying any sharp chisels since. poor bloke.
Anyway, will update again soon,
XXXXXXXXXXX
P.S Kimmybob, how's the maths revision coming on? e-mail me if you need anything.
Wednesday, 14 January 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
great to hear you are doing so well and Tom sounds a gem!
What happened to trainer boy, do you still keep in touch? If he is available god send me his number lol :)
take care
Hey! I have not posted a comment before but have been avidly following you blog since your departure from YAYW and think you are doing amazingly well. I was so pleased when I checked the blog tonight and found you had been back on since October and I had some catching up to do.
I love reading this and making sure you are doing well which you seem to be doing and it makes me so proud of you (even though i only know you through this).
Tom sounds wonderful and as much as you worry about him paying for things you deserve some TLC and Tom most certainly seems to be giving you what you need. You look fab on all your photos and i think you would suit a Sarah Harding cut ;-)
Keep blogging and take care
(formally Miss E on YAYW now Mrs Chambers)
Hello! I'm so happy to see you so happy! I also think you would suit the hair cut! You're very pretty!
Once again Tom sound like a real gentleman and he's treating you the way you deserve to be!
Keep happy xx
go for the haircut, it will look great!
can i go on the pgl holiday in your place please?!!
i used to organise and take Y6 every year til I changed my job to an advisory teacher last year and i am sooooooo missing the residentials. you will have a fab time!
lizzie x
Post a Comment