Damn, bum, poo, buggeration etc etc.
Today is not getting any better.
I'm currently sat at my parents' house in my coat and shivering like mad. Why are you not selling your car? I hear you cry. Because the flippin bloke let me down 5 minutes before he was due. By text!!!! I had dashed home from work, swapped the cars over, hoovered in the drizzle (I have no concern for my own safety - I could well have electrocuted myself and died slumped over the gearstick of my fiesta )and all for the sake of a sale. My bravery knows no bounds.
Oh, and my dad has not succeeded in fixing my heating. He has managed to ensure I have heating upstairs but I have none at all downstairs. So, looks like it's dinner parties in the airing cupboard and the TV in the bathroom from now on. He's going to have another go at it tomorrow with my brother, but his DIY approach involving a hosepipe, my outside tap and a coin sounds like a recipe for a small canape of a disaster. Thank god Tom's taking me out for dinner tonight - it'd have to be sorbet, gazpacho and salad otherwise.
Not only that, my divorce papers have arrived.
Felt a bit sick when I opened them but as they're only copies of the initial forms I sent but with an official stamp on then I was actually OK. I've texted ST to ask him to let me know if he's got his but I doubt the toad will get back to me.
Needless to say, this is not the best day I've had recently. I'm trying to put a positive spin on it but I'm not yet sure that an arctic party in the back of an unsold Fiesta whilst waving my divorce papers will attract many of my friends and family.
So, I'm on the sherry round at mum's whilst I try and get some circulation back into my fingers and update my autotrader advert.
Read the post on YAYW the other day that Kimmybob had started. Thanks ever so much to those people who said such nice things but I am not surprised that someone horrid and spiteful has started to post comments on here again. It seems sad to me that someone takes so much time out of their own life to read about my own and then say nasty things. I know this might sound like, "pot, kettle, black" but they obviously have a few of their own issues if they feel they have to be nasty to someone over the internet. I've said it before and I'll say it again, "If you haven't got anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!". That doesn't mean "adore every word that comes out of my mouth", just keep a civil tongue in your head and don't take time out of your day to be mean. It's unladylike and to be honest, cheap and vile.
Right, rant over.
I've also been busy looking at the blogs of other people who have linked their blogs to mine and I just want to say, altogether now......... "Well done Diddums!!!!!" Congratulations my lovely and keep on going, you're doing brilliantly. It's weird though cause you get lost in a great big web of blogs as you follow from link to link. It's addictive too - I ended up in Australia this morning doing this. Actually wish I was in Australia at the moment - at least it's bloomin warm there.
Am now going to call it a day for now. I have got to go and cook up a plan to sell my flippin car so that I can pay off my visa bills which seem to have spiralled out of control recently. I would consider selling myself but I don't think Visa accept coins through the post. So, any ideas for earning extra cash gratefully received.
Will update again soon.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Wednesday, 28 January 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Hey Emmy.....
If I had the cash i'd be down ur way buying up your wee fiesta :)
Gutted you've had a pants day. Ive been trawling around Manchester meeting Buddhists and Jews - a thrilling experience the day after a 'Women and Weights' session, which has left me with a slight limp as I was doing some god awful version of a squat!
I am pleased your divorce papers have come through, its like the closing of a chapter in your life.
Tom seems like a lovely chap, croissants and fruit - my fella's idea of treat is a creme egg and some wine gums (which is something he has just bought actually)
Keep us updated - you do seem to have a fan base. Let us know when you have sold your car.
Muchos love lady
Kim
Heya Emmy,
Thanks very much! Its nice to know someone out there is supportive!
Ignore any nasty comments, there's always people that have nothing better to do/see so have to spend time being nasty to someone else.
Sorry to hear you had a pants day, although mine was as busy as yours. Doing a PhD is like being someones slave basically lol....go do this...yes sir!
Oh well, as always its nice to hear Tom is treating you well, I am genuinely happy for you :)
Take care, hope you get the heating fixed! I've only just got ours fixed and i know its no fun waking up in the morning and the whole house being arctic lol
This is why i don't often go back on YAYW, it seems to have been ruined by nasty people and all the oldies (but goodies) have left.
"they obviously have a few of their own issues if they feel they have to be nasty to someone over the internet. I've said it before and I'll say it again, "If you haven't got anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!". That doesn't mean "adore every word that comes out of my mouth", just keep a civil tongue in your head and don't take time out of your day to be mean. It's unladylike and to be honest, cheap and vile."
I couldn't agree more having been on the receiving end of these internet saddos!
Emmy, hands up here...i have followed your blog since you left yyw but felt i never had anything to say that could help. I have just found the link on yyw and that you have started to blog again. I have sat here catching up and felt the need to say something at last after seeing that comment left for you. They shouldn't go to the troble of reading if they don't like it!
x
shit happens love, so get over it you spoily ugly low life
Post a Comment