Wednesday, 28 January 2009

aaaaaaaaaggggggggghhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!1

I may never blog again. I am so exhausted.

Tom keeps snoring like some sort of rhino with a megapone shoved in its mouth; I was convinced there was a ghost in my pantry last night and couldn't wake Tom (you'd need some sort of bomb) but the ghost turned out to be a draught through the airbrick during the terrible winds we've been having; I didn't finish dashing around and working until 9.45pm last night (another 14 hour day) and now my mum has just informed me that my dad has had a slanging match with a scrap metal merchant outside my house after he left my new radiator on the drive and the man tried to take it.

This means that I'll get home tonight to a complete bombsite as apparently dad has made a complete mess and has been there for hours trying to fix my dodgy heating. This is in addition to having to dash off to meet a man who's viewing my car at 4.15pm tonight and I still haven't hoovered it out yet!

I've just been observed teach Maths this morning by two student teachers so spent my lunchtime discussing the lesson with them and now have only ten minutes to eat my lunch and set up for this afternoon. Oh, and oh god, that's Science with my class. 34 children hacking lilies to pieces to identify the stigma and the stamen. Give me strength!

At least Tom's coming round to take me out to dinner tonight although I reckon I'll be fast asleep face down in the first course at this rate!

Right rant over, I'm off to dissect the entire flower stand from Tesco and try to ensure my little darlings don't try to tover themselves in pollen or decide that lilies are a new and fashionable foodstuff.

If I'm alive I'll update again soon.

XXXXXXXXXX

P.S Am so excited that I've got "followers". I feel like some kind of blogging Pied Piper - now where did I put that flute???

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great to see you back, and I'm really pleased that your new imaginary friend is nicer than your last one. What happened to him by the way (Trainer Boy, was it?) Did he go off to live with the magic pixies in your garden? Or perhaps he's in Neverland with Action Geek and all the rest of your lovely made-up chums.

Anonymous said...

Hi
I love reading you blogs, keep it up!
Great to hear everything is going well for you, Tom sounds great, a real gentleman!
x

Anonymous said...

Hi Emmy,

Thanks for another fab installment! I hope you have a relaxing evening with the lovely Tom tonight. He sounds so wonderful! Just what you need. Pied Piper indeed! How did things go way back with the publisher? A novel from yourself would be fabulous but it looks like you've got plenty keeping you busy already.

xxx