Thank you to the people who have wished me well. I have tried to e-mail everyone that has e-mailed the address.
Rebecca, you have just made my mother cry as she was reading this today. I hope you are proud of yourself. If anyone doubts the validity of what was said in my blog, I am more than prepared for them to contact either my mum or brother for them to hear for themselves what they think of your comments. Simply e-mail me and I'll forward you their addresses. However, I would ask you...Don't be so nasty. You wouldn't have said this to mine or my family's faces so please do not use the anonymity of the internet to be horrible to people. I didn't ask you to read this blog and would never dream of being rude to people myself that I had never even met. As my lovely mum says, "If you haven't got anything nice to say, don't say anything at all".
To everyone else, I have tried to e-mail everyone but not sure if anyone received their replies as I have never used the account to send items before, just as a link to this blog. Thanks so much for the lovely things people have said; you have made me smile so much. I promise I will pop on now and again to update.
XXXXXXXXXXXXX
Sunday, 28 September 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Emmy, I am a first time poster but have been following your rocky road from YAYW and can only echo the sentiments from all the other ladies who have read your journey so avidly. Please pay no heed to spiteful so and sos such as Rebecca, she clearly has very little to do other than be rude to strangers (although as others have said, I feel as though I know you just a little due to your blogging!) Whether or not blogs such as this are embellished or fantasised (and please, I am in no way suggesting that yours falls into this category), people are not forced to read or comment. I for one have thoroughly enjoyed reading about your escapades and, although I shall miss my weekly "Emmy fix" (as it has lovingly become known!)am so happy that you've have reached a happier point on your road. Good luck with everything. Best wishes, Em x
E,
Personally I think you should feel sorry for Rebecca, she seems to think you are so awful and a liar, yet she read all your entries. Well what does that say about her? Some people have nothing better to do that be nasty. You know who you are and what you have achieved. You also know there are many people here that support you.
Keep your head held firmly high.
Love
Joey x
I added this as a reply to someone in your last post, but I'll repost here since you personally addressed me.
--------
For the record, I did NOT say that the main events in her life recently (ie. her husband leaving etc) are lies. I believe that. What I do NOT believe, is that someone with such intelligence would find herself in the ridiculous and quite obviously ficticious circumstances that she blogs about so often. I don't believe half of the 'hideously embarassing stories' are anything other than just stories. But she's aiming to write a book, so that's to be expected!
Who are YOU to tell me that I have no right to comment on her blog? Why do YOU have that right, yet I don't - just because I have a different opinion to you?
I've enjoyed reading her blog when I'm bored, but I see it for what it clearly is - a few real 'tragic' experiences bulked out by unbelievable, ridiculous stories.
Emma, the way you talk about yourself is quite off putting *in my opinion*. If I'm the only one to think this way (which I think would be a naive thing to believe just because most people are constantly 'bigging you up') then that's fine.
I can hardly see where I've said anything tremendously offensive? The fact that your Mum has apparently cried over my words would suggest she's incredibly over-sensitive. After all, the only thing I said was that I don't believe a LOT of what you've written, and that I find you unlikeable which obviously your husband does too. The latter part is the truth, is it not?
If you don't want replies that aren't solely "you're wonderful, you're so funny etc" then perhaps you should specify that in the part of your blog where you practically beg for comments.
Good lord! I go away for a few weeks and come back to this!
Emmy, I am sorry that you have chosen to end your blog, but I can see that it has served it's purpose - you are back to the "old" EmmyW now!
Good luck in everythig that you do, and do pop by every now and then to let us know how you are.
Much love
Salsaspin
Post a Comment