Thursday, 22 May 2008

My first go...

Well, if this works then it's ten out of ten for my technological wizardry and I can remove my dunce's hat and step out of the naughty "I can't work comupters" corner and sit on the table for the big clever girls!
Hopefully this blog will mean that I can now post my rocky little road in all its entirety and you can have a glimpse into my world. I recommend squinting your eyes as you do it though as it ain't too pretty sometimes.
Take this morning for instance. I had a set of exams 40 miles away which I have been stressing over for the last two years of the course.
I stopped at a petrol station to fill up and the cashier took my card. "Nothing new" I hear you cry about that little incident so let me fill you in in a bit more detail.
It was 7am and after making my breakfast to eat on the move and then promptly leaving it on the sideboard, I was forced not to pay at the pump but venture into the garage.
I was not met with the usual spotty teenager reeking of diesel and Lynx but instead there was a huge man with a ZZ top beard. This beard was odd in its length alone but was completely insane in terms of its colour. The owner had seen fit to dye it bright carrot orange.
The length and garishness of his facial hair made me laugh which caused him to ask, "Why are you smiling so early in the morning?".
I couldn't think of anything to say as I was cradling a precariously balanced pile of Ginsters bacon sandwiches, chewing gum and a large bottle of water so only managed to say, "I'm not sure - I have an exam today so I shouldn't really be smiling at all!".
He then clutched my credit card to his be-badged bosom and raised his beard to heaven.
He then informed me that "The creator made your mind, the creator made your brain and the creator made your paper. You will be fine as long as you let the creator guide your hand!"
This was more than a little too much at 7am and although there was a queue behind me, the orange bearded one did not seem in any hurry to end his garage based sermon and so I was left smiling awkwardly as other people tried to pay for their petrol and I smiled from behind my pile of Ginsters.
I eventually arrived at the venue for my exams and managed to survive 4 hours of grilling but that's another story.
Am off now to try and get the bacon grease out of my suit trousers after a rasher made a break for freedom on the A427.
XXXXXX Candy

4 comments:

spunkychic said...

Oh CR, it's so wonderful to share in your outlook on life and as ever, you have such a way with words. I love it and you!

Mrs L 6/5/07 said...

HI CR
Well what can I say you have a talent that makes people smile - and you have managed to make me smile with your fabulous writings.
Keep up the great work keep it coming hun
Love Ya
xx
Samantha xx

Mitzimoo said...

Hi CR, thanks for the link. You have such a good way with words and describing things you see and experinece. You've made me smile today. Glad your exams went well, keep it coming.

Lv Debbie

dec07bride said...

Cr, you never fail to amaze me with your way with words, you have brought a smile to my face yet again.
Will definately be following your new rocky road.
Love Heather xx