Tuesday, 27 May 2008

Car boy, action geek, trainer boy, the dodgy scouser, tiger boy and the ex...

Phew, I'm totally exhausted. This being single lark is flippin knackering! Somehow, and I really don't know how or why, I seem to be a magnet for blokes at the moment. I think a damsel in distress (or any dress- even a Sheila's wheels one) is apparently the most fashionable accessory for single men at the moment.
My phone has not stopped ringing and my social life appears to be on the up. So, let me explain who they all are and then you can all let me know either, "Yay, nay or no flippin way" in each case.

So, action geek: friend of a friend. Sender of bouquets of flowers, great listener, good looking, attentive, well educated but absolutely no spark on my part. I look at him and know that he's wonderful but I don't fancy him in the slightest! (just clonk me round the head with a lump hammer at this point ladies)

Car boy: Now this may be the sleaziest story in the history of the world but I promise you it isn't - Honest! I met car boy when I bought a car a few years ago. He was the car salesman and I ended up dating him for a while. We never really got it together although he is very sweet. (but horribly young!) He also lies all the time about whether or not he has a girlfriend (he reckons he hasn't but then I know he went on holiday once with another girl when I was meant to be seeing him!) so I don't trust him as far as I can spit. However, I fancy him rotten and my mate reckons that because he's an ex then it doesn't count anymore as it's just "going back to what you know"!!!!

Trainer boy: A personal trainer who has made it his mission to beat not only my thighs into submission but also to win my heart. He's hilarious and has a body to die for but his face reminds me of my brother so no chance of romance there. Also, it's never a good sign when a man takes his jacket off and says "time to get the big guns out" and flexes his biceps. (I nearly choked on my lucozade)

The dodgy scouser: I'm a sucker for the scouse accent (one of the reasons I actually chose to go uni in Liverpool) and this one's a teacher just like me. He's a bit of a cheeky chappy and a complete booze hound. (And god knows I don't need any more encouragement to down the gin!)

Tiger boy: turns out this is the 6'5 bloke from the wedding on Saturday and the tiger pictures were because I apparently asked him if he was an animal what he would be. I know that I'm crap at chat up lines and am a bit rusty in the old art of seduction but I almost slapped myself with my own handbag when I found out I'd asked that!

So, I'm at a point now where I daren't pick up my phone becuase I'm shattered from the constant beeping and ringing. I feel like I'm living in a church steeple there's that many bells all the time.
Of course, the only person I want to call me never does and I still end up wrestling with my own phone to try and not call him. He says that he misses me but that there's no chance of us getting back together. I'm therefore swinging between sobbing to the Leona Lewis album (god that woman is trampolining on my heartstrings at the moment) and ragingly angry with him and wanting to club him round the head with one of our wedding table centres.
Due to all of this, I'm now thoroughly exhausted but at least I'm never bored!
I didn't go and get my car today as it was peeing it down with rain and I didn't want to be skidding all over the roads like a figure skater so I'm going to wait for a dry day. Action Geek (who's an accountant) has also been trying to talk me out of it saying it's a bad investment. Grrrrrr, bloody practicality - always getting in the way of fun!
Anyway, have not committed to anyone or anything at the moment and have done nothing more than chat with any of the blokes at the moment. Flippin eck, can you imagine how shattered I'd be if I was juggling all of them (although quite how you juggle a 6'5 tiger lover, a rugby player and a personal trainer with his huge "guns" I'm not sure!)
So, come on people, advice needed. Which part of the dating roulette wheel should I dump my single chips on or should I step away from the gambling table and see that staying single is probably the safest bet????
Looking forward to reading your comments - God knows my own judgement flew out the window a long time ago (or is that the gin?)
XXXXXXXXXXXXX Candy

5 comments:

Mitzimoo said...

Well you have been busy no wonder your knackered trying to keep up with conversations with all these guys. Right i'll go through them one by one as i think it will be easier for me.

Action Geek, he sounds like a really nice guy and wants to treat you like a princess. I see no harm in continuing to meet with him and having fun but maybe making it clear that you arent interested in a relationship. Maybe the spark could be worked on, often long term relationships are made from meeting someone and having friendship and enjoying spending time together and maybe the spark may come later or maybe it will just be a deep respect for that person and caring for them, i just dont know but i think he is definetly worth keeping around for a friend, try the water a bit more and see how it feels.

Car boy -- I would say no, i just dont think he can be trusted. i think he would let you down and lie to you and i dont think that is really helpful at the moment, but again keep him just as it friend you can never have too many.

Trainer boy, lol mmm no. I think someone who uses the line time to get the big guns out maybe thinks a wee bit too much about himself, though he may have just been joking and not being serious,and the fact he reminds you of your brother i dont think you'll ever be able to get over that.

Dodgy scouser, well its good he makes you laugh and that he has teacher in common with you as you have something both of you understand and can relate to in terms of pressure and work. However, how much does he love the booze as again do you want to take on someone who has a problem with alcohol. I think it would be very complicated and may again be too much of a strain.

As for tiger boy, thats sweet sending you a pic of a tiger, and lol at you chat upline but he must have liked it. I think maybe meet him and see how it goes, meet him somewhere public or where there is a group, or just text and phone each other just now and see how it goes for you.

In the end, its very flattering to have attention from men and a definate confidence booster. I dont think there is anything wrong in meeting them and having fun, as long as they know that at the moment that is all you want and as far as it goes.

I think you should go out and have fun, go and enjoy yourself but also be cautious at the same time. State your boundaries at the beginning, i think action geek already knows these.
I think its difficult as you do still care for your ex and hope that one day it may have worked and maybe you think if you go on dates that will put the final nail in it. But i think its important for you to go out, have fun, see what is out there.

Your o/h is being cruel by contacting you to tell you things and then saying he misses you but you have no chance. Its a poisonous relationship as he has made you question yourself, rob you of your confidence in yourself. Well, i say no more.

I think you have to look after yourself as its still quite soon and raw but again there is nothing wrong in considering your options, going on dates, throwing your chips on the table and testing the water. You are someone people want to be with, spend time with, listen to and have fun with, go and share yourself with the world. You deserve it.

Let us know how you get on.xxx

And yes practicality always spoils the fun, booo.

Anonymous said...

Hello! Have really enjoyed reading all your blogs...we want moooore!

I am with mitzimoo - she always gives the best advice. Just enjoy being single and don't rush anything, you still need to get over OH and finalise things before embarking on a new relationship. Have fun in the meantime (looks like you are!)and do the things YOU want to do and spend YOUR money on things YOU want to buy!!!

If you ever need a shopping buddy....look no further!

xx

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
auntie m said...

Sweetheart
You just enjoy yourself,Have loads of friends.Its good to see you getting your old humor back.xx

Anonymous said...

Hello lovely!
Keep writing as you are making my days at the computer passable.

Dude that left the text re Scampi.........made me laugh!

Always know you have cyber friends that will be here for you, whatever.

TC, Bootle x