Well hello there! Buon Giornio!
Now, I'm going to start by saying that I can't write too much on here as am meant to be packing to go to Estonia tonight with my mates for 5 days but I know that once I get started there's a high chance that I may ramble on for hours so we'll just sit back and see how it goes eh??
Anyway, I'm back from Italy and have a tan that makes me look like I've been dipped in creosote along with Pamela Anderson colour hair - damn those Estonian genes, they make you look like a complete playboy bimbo! I spent the whole time trying to keep out of the sun but I still went super-dark and my hair's gone completely white. Trainer boy loves it as he thinks I look like some sort of dollybird but I reckon I just look like a complete chav who's overdone it with the sunbeds and the bleach.
I've also strangely lost more weight so have been being told off by my mum who thinks I've developed an eating disorder (how she could say this when I was swilling down a burger with a glass of rose in front of her I don't know!) My mate who I went on holiday with though has coined a new term for me; she reckons I'm a "drunkorexic". This apparently means that I don't eat enough real food but get most of my calories from alcohol! I've decided that if you go "around the bar in 80 ways" it's almost possible to get all your food groups from behind the bar anyway.... Iron from guinness, protein from advocaat and baileys, fruit from cocktails, veg from the celery in a bloody mary and olives in martinis, carbs from the wafers in ice cream floater cocktails and sugar from rum and coke - genius!
No, don't start shouting at me ladies - I can assure you I am eating properly. I've just still not got much of an appetite as everything (despite things being calmer) is all still in a bit of a tangle and my appetite always goes when I'm under pressure. Trainer boy is regularly assessing me too and he reckons I'm fine so you can lay down the emergency cakes and crisps people, I don't need force feeding just yet!
Speaking of trainer boy, we almost parted company on Saturday. He picked me up and we went to visit his new neice in the afternoon who had been born whilst I was in Italy. I took a pressie round for his sister and another for the baby and then TB took me for a meal. I got ridiculously drunk, a combination of nerves at meeting his sister and accidentally pouring a gallon of zinfandel down my gullet.
I ended up crashed out on TB's sofa and woke up at about half five in the morning. TB was in bed and I tried to sneak out as I was mortified that once again I had passed out in front of him. Unfortunately, he heard my rather undiginified exit (who on earth leaves dumbells at the top of the stairs?) and he dashed out of his room to see what all the racket was. I noticed then that his chest hair had still not grown back after his "charity stunt" a month or so ago. It was then that TB revealed that he had lied to me.
Now, a normal person's reaction to what he told me would have been to laugh out loud but mine was slightly odd. He told me that it had not been a charity stunt and that he'd had it lasered off. I wouldn't have minded but he came round to my house the evening after his "charity do" and I had to spend the evening hunting for calamine lotion as it was bright red and burning him. He also asked me the day before he had it done if I liked hairy chests or not.
This meant that he had deliberately lied to me, concocted a stupid story, carried on the lie for weeks and only admitted it to me when he almost attacked me bare-chested as he thought I was a burglar crashing about in his stairwell in the middle of the night.
Now, I'm not sure if this was the behaviour of a sane person but I shouted at him that he was a "lying b*stard who was no better than supertwat". I ranted for about 5 minutes about how I thought he was different and not a liar and how was I meant to believe a word he said now.
I ended up sobbing so much that his flatmate came out of his room to see what all the noise was about and found trainer boy trying to grab me to stop me leaving so that he could explain and me stumbling around blindly over a pile of dumbells whilst getting my handbag handle stuck on the door and shouting such classics as "who lies about laser treatment you idiot; you've now got a chest like a badly mown lawn!"
TB's flatmate was by now utterly bewildered as to why TB and I were seemingly wrestling in a pile of gym equipment and shouting about hair removal. So, he just quietly slipped off back into his room shaking his head.
I managed to extricate myself from trainer boy and the flat and drove off crying down the road as TB sprinted after me then sat and sank down on the pavement with his head in his hands.
I phoned my mate (who was not best pleased as it was only 6am) and wept that TB had turned out to be a complete liar. As I retold the whole story, i could hear a strange muffled noise on the end of the phone. When I got to the part about the badly mown lawn, this noise became hysterical laughter from my mate. She explained that she thought I had completely flipped and that TB was not in the same league as supertwat. She reassured me that he was a genuine guy who had probably only not told me cause he was embarrassed. this was exactly what TB had said so I started to feel a bit bad. TB then called my mate on her mobile so I carried on driving home.
My mate phoned me to say that he had been crying on the phone to her and was devastated that I had compared him to supertwat and that I had stormed off. She said she and TB both knew that I had had enough lies to last me a lifetime in the last few months but that this one really wasn't worth getting my knickers in a twist for.
TB then turned up at my house later than day with a huge bunch of roses to which said "Sorry for being a complete lying w*nker. I'm an idiot." The fact I had this lovely romantic bunch of flowers with such a blunt message made me laugh out loud and he took me out for a meal again to say sorry. Turns out he'd been on the phone to my best mate for most of the day telling her how sorry he was and asking how he could make it up to me. - bless him!
Anyway, me and TB are mates again and he's been an absolute sweeheart whilst I've been ranting about Supertwat's lack of communication not to mention cash!
I'm also feeling so much calmer after my holiday with my mate. Our hotel was lovely but was a very grand but faded mansion style hotel in the mountains of sorrento. I felt a little like I was in a Miss Marple episode as it was all card tables and billiard rooms. On our arrival, whilst I was trying to dab half a bottle of red wine off my white jeans (never travel in light coloured denim) and trying to hobble to reception (My feet had swollen up so much in my stilleto sandals that they looked like two hams wrapped in string) I was horrified to find out we'd been allocated the honeymoon suite. We were shown into this grand room full of flowers and complimentary wine with its own private balcony and huge double bed. When we had stopped laughing and managed to explain to the confused staff on reception that we were not a same sex honeymooning couple, I suddenly started to cry. My mate was lovely. It suddenly hit me that I was never going to go on a honeymoon and that I was on my honeymoon with my friend. She gave me a huge hug and an even bigger glass of wine and I managed to pull myself together. The hotel staff were very apologetic and offered to change our room but we decided to keep it as it was a gorgeous room and we've been on holidays before where we've had to share a bed so we weren't that bothered.
I however, was rather less composed at the welcome meeting. Our rather unglamorous rep who was covered in plasters after falling down some rocks covered in sea urchins, gave us the low down about all the trips we could do. Whilst everyone signed up for days out to pompeii, capri and ischia, I was suddenly overwhelmingly sad again. I started crying behind my sunglasses and took myself off for a small walk across the roof terrace to try and calm myself down. I ended up texting my mum that I felt like an ungrateful cow because I was in a gorgeous part of the world, in lovely weather with my best mate but I couldn't stop crying. My mum texted me back and said that she, dad and my brother were so proud of me and that my tears were just the shock and exhaustion coming out now that I'd slowed down a bit.
I returned to the group to find my mate had booked us on loads of trips and we started with a walking tour around the local town. We had been sold it as a one hour "find your bearings" walk but when we ended up at a demonstration of how to produce an inlaid wood casino table stood next to a lifesize ceramic husky, we decided to sneak off and leave the sea urchin rep to gasp at the astounding chisel action of the master inlaid wood craftsman.
We ended up back at the hotel and changed into our bikinis. We went down to the pool where I suddenly felt like I was on a filmset. Was it the Italian Job? The Blue Lagoon? Castaway?
No.
I felt like I was in the film "Cocoon".
Every person around the pool was at least over the age of 60. It was a festival of steradent, tena lady, varicose veins and swimming hats with chin straps. (And that was just the men)
I was aghast. Where were all the gorgeous, bronzed adonis Italian men? All I could see was a sea of grey hair and people playing "whist".
My mate thought it was hilarious and threw herself wholeheartedly into getting to know everyone. She had soon befriended a couple in their seventies from Swansea who were absolutely lovely. They adopted us for the week and kept getting us drinks and morning coffee. We even went with them to a local wine cellar where they tried to fix us up with the barman who was so hairy he looked half man, half sheep! It was during this rather odd evening of drinking wine in a cellar with two septogenarians and a woolly italian that I realised I was actually having a lovely time and that I wasn't thinking too much about supertwat. It was a major step forward for me that I wasn't so uptight and angry and I was simply relaxing. The couple from Swansea were aghast when I confided in them about the story and really took me under their wing all week and the chap kept hugging me every morning and telling me how pretty I was. It was lovely to get some outside perspectives and made me realise just how shocking what supertwat had done was.
I also had some highly glamorous moments during the week like managing to accidentally scoop up a soggy dog poo inside my flip flop and was screeching with disgust in the street as my mate hung onto a lampost she was laughing so much. I also decided to wear a dress to Capri rather than shorts and a vest top but forgot that i was going on a chair lift. It meant that instead of looking glam and sophisticated, I had to do a rather complicated dismount off the lift as the breeze kept catching my dress and I didn't want to flash myt burnt bum cheek to the world. I exited the chair lift with a gait not dissimilar to quasimodo as I was hunched over dragging my dress down whilst trying to leap off a single man chair onto a landing platform. I landed oddly on my heels and fell onto my knees in front of the chair lift attendant who, when pulling me up, managed to dislodge my hand from my hem so that the whole queue got a flash of my toasted bum - delightful.
Anyway, got loads more to write but am getting RSI at the moment.
Might update later but really do need to crack on and get my washing done before tonight - I can't just fly out with my suitcase full of last week's clothes!
If I don't manage to update today then I'll be back on her on Wednesday 6th. So, love to you all in the meantime.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Tuesday, 29 July 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Sounds like you had a whale of a time!
That old couple from Swansea sound so sweet - and you are lovely and pretty so get used to it!
Glad you had a relaxing time, even if things did catch up on you at times.
Also v pleased to hear that the TB crisis is over - I was very concerned by your last post calling him a liar and no better than ST.
Have a good time in Estonia.
Salsaspin x
Im missing you and your blog. Hurry back!!!!!
xxx
Are you back yet?! I've been checking for updates for the last few days!
Hope all is well
Salsaspin xxx
Wow, Cand, I am absolutely in love with your writing! I just took some very precious time away from my jobhunt letter to read every word of this fabulous piece. Even with the very few errors I came across, your work reads like a dream. You should really, really pursue getting yourself published; your writing is definitely movie-worthy. The excitement is there. You are a born storyteller. Should you write a book, definitely leave it to the reader's imagination to visualize what you're saying. Except for the cover--and maybe two or three illustrations (only if you feel it's absolutely necessary to have them)--go sans illustrations. Allow the reader's mind to be his and her guide like the old days.
I write you from America, and if I may be frank with you, I hope you will not throw your life away drinking and suntanning. If you could only see what I saw on AOL photos yesterday about yesterday's beauties and how they look today as septogenarians/septuagenarians (this word is what landed me on your website to begin with--my good fortune!), you would gasp and know that it is true what is along the following lines written: that BEAUTY IS VAIN AND CERTAINLY DOTH TAKE WINGS AND FLY AWAY--FAR AWAY.
Since i am already behind schedule in what I am trying to complete, I figured that I may as well take a look at your "Prince Charming" blog, for you are truly a gifted writer and worth the extra extension. Am I to understand that you have been married for less than a year and ready to call it quits? Whether it's less than a year or a bit more than a year, Candy, I frankly wish to boldly ask you: However can you be so shallow? Really. What will you do when Mr. Tom Candy tires of showering you with flowers and candy and exotic trips and candle-lit several-course gourmet meals and turns his attentions to someone lovelier, more beautiful, YOUNGER--and free of cracks in her ceramics Have you thought of that, Princess?
Don't you even care that you are committing adultery and that if you divorce your husband to marry another you cause him to commit adultery? Wonder why you are sick? God is not pleased. He wants you and your husband to reconcile and make things work. Of course, divorce is allowable in situations of adultery, but mutual forgiveness overrides that and God is more pleased. Candy, you only need look at the tabloids and the Internet stories to see plenty of the rich and famous going their separate ways. It goes to show you: All that money a happy marriage doesn't necessarily make.
You recall that lovely elderly couple on the beach who took to you and your friend--they are happily married--and this despite their money--for they are truly friends, have weathered many of life's storms together, and truly enjoy each other's company. And people can see that. An excellent marriage is one that cannot be pretended; you can tell when a couple is truly on the same page. And THAT'S what makes them beautiful--not their wealth--not their tanned skin--not their car--not their clothing. But the love that remains even when the wrinkles set in and the aches and ongoing pain and thoughts of eventual death. It is love--honest to goodness unconditional love--only bestowed by God Himself. I wish this kind of love between you and your husband this day . . . and even for myself . . . and for my dear friends from my high school years who are celebrating their 21st wedding anniversary today! This is rare, indeed.
Please, please do not allow yourself to join the "divorced crowd". Don't you know misery loves company?! Don't get on that boat, Candy. And if you already find yourself climbing aboard, jump! Jump now before you reach the deck. I will tell you, no one will really give two rats' behinds whether you actually stay with your husband . . . or the next . . . or even the next one for that matter. Don't fall into that celebrity trap. Avoid stacking up a train of marital miseries.
Whoever told you that marriage is bliss lied--it's far from it. (Of course, you know that now.) Failed marriages drain your beauty all the more faster. And I'll tell you, if you aren't feeling beautiful on the inside, it really doesn't matter how beautiful you are on the outside, for that ugliness inside will certainly tell on you on the outside. Just ask the beautiful Kirstie Alley.
My dear, I am sure God had me this day come across your incredible literary expression for a reason. He would like you to know that your body is the temple of God, so you should watch how you treat it. God, as very Author of your marriage, would also like you and your husband--both of for whom Christ died--to stay as One and to have forgiveness toward each other enough to go around. Invite God into your marriage and watch talk of divorce flee. Look out for yourselves and trust God to keep you. Move far away from in-laws on both sides and keep people out of your business and refuse to allow yourselves to reveal your dirty laundry. Enough of the mudslinging and the fist-swinging and the bitterness between you two. You have a marriage convenant to keep!
Whichever of you has an extramarital partner, get rid of him; get rid of her--the both of you do so if the case may be. Any body who has a problem with that, you tell that person or persons that your Father God has a problem with sex outside of the confines of marriage--and even anything "appearing" to be an extramarital relation. You tell whomever doesn't like it--be it family member, in-law, friend, or foe--that you've had a change of heart, for IT IS BETTER TO OBEY GOD THAN MAN.
It is your marriage that is on the line, Candy; if you don't reach out to God to save it, who will? Who will plead your case like you and your husband? The lawyers are only too happy to take your money and live fat lives over other people's despair and broken homes. Don't go that route, Candy. Don't do it. You have a marriage to enjoy. May God come to your rescue. And may He come soon.
I will e-mail or Favorite-place this website to myself for future reference. One of these days I will look you up and give you the website of your sister-in-literary expression, whom I came across in 2005. Oh, you will definitely love her and feel a kinship there. She really has the gift. I have never laughed so hard; you two truly must meet someday.
For now, you have a marriage to seek God to repair and a husband who loves you and really doesn't want you to leave. I really do hope you will work on taking your writing to a more public level for the masses to enjoy. That's got to be a whole lot better than taking your husband to divorce court and living with the ensuing misery.
I don't know you. But I do care, and I'm wishing you all the best. Here's to you and your husband fulfilling the "till death do us part" vows. May your marriage soon begin to get better rather than worse. This is my prayer for the both of you in Jesus' name.
Luv ya in America!
Post a Comment