Bad news. I've been poorly. Very poorly.
Was rushed by ambulance into Harrogate hospital on Friday night (we'd gone away for a romantic, relaxing break) and only just been let out so have spent two nights on a drip and very uncomfortable.
Collapsed unconscious on Friday night in the hotel with terrible abdominal pain which they initially thought was an ectopic preganacy but luckily wasn't.
Had every sort of degrading scan, test and blood screen going but am none the wiser. They've let me out dosed up on morphine, codeine and referred me back to a consultant in leicester which is the same one we would have seen for our IVF. So, we've just made the trip back home and I'm tucked up on Tom's sofa with a sore tummy, and a sad face!
Was so bloomin scary - thought I was dying as I was just drifting in and out of consiousness and the pain was indescribable. Tom said I was deathly white, boiling hot, dripping with sweat and my eyes were rolling in my head. (nice!) The poor lad had to phone the ambulance and then stay with me in A&E whilst I had half of harrogate cop a feel of my nethers. I particularly enjoyed the part where I regained consciousness, hoisted myself up off the bathroom floor, crawled to the loo, went to be sick and the very heavy wooden loo seat fell down on my head. you know god hates you at times like that! if I was at all unsure then when I leant backwards to try and get some air, the damn thing fell down onto tips of my fingers. OWWWWW!
Luckily, the staff were amazing and the pain's under control now. Not allowed to go to work though which is a bit of a bummer as it's the last week of term and the children's school production.
Oh well, hey ho, guess these things happen.
So, just a short one to update.
Will come on again soon.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Sunday, 5 July 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Oh i am so sorry to hear your unwell .. hope the doctors find out whats wrong soon so they can get you treated. Thankful to hear it was not an ectopic pregnancy though ... wishing you well again xx
Oh Emmy, I'm so sorry to hear you've been unwell. Not a pleasant experience by the sounds of it. Thank goodness Tom was there to get you off to hospital.
Hope the docs manage to figure out what is wrong and that you get better soon.
Much love
Mrs Salsaspin
Bless you... hope you feel better soon xx
Hi Emmy
Sorry to hear your not well! Hope your feeling better soon, im sure it was a shock for Tom!
The wedding photos are really good, everyone looked fab!
xx
OH MY GOD! Emmy you poor love, I hope all is ok now, or at least on the road to recovery! The others must have been so worried, and bless Tom's little cotton socks for staying with you the whole time.
It's a shame you'll miss the kiddies production but make sure you get plenty of rest hun, and look forward to a nice long summer holiday.
Take care Tori-liz xx
oh no ! hope you feel better soon and find out whats making you ill xoxoxo
That is terrible, I hope that you feel better soon and also find out what is causing this to happen! x
Sounds like a nightmare, poor you, just what you don't need.
Sending you love, hugs & get well soon wishes.
I'm sure Tom is doing a great job of looking after you.
Love & hugs
Rita
xx
There's nothing wrong with you, you loony. Except for the fact that you're a massive hypochondriac and a paranoid delusionist. Get back to the mental ward.
Post a Comment