




On e-bay
One wedding dress.
Much loved, used once.
Bride needs cash after handsome prince turned into ugly, loathsome toad and disappeared off into the sunset with all her money. Dress currently screwed up in bottom of wardrobe along with tiara and shoes. Soon to be reseurrected and hopefully used to clear huge debts accrued when bride paid for whole wedding herself, only to be dumped after a few weeks.
Think I may need to edit this before my actual postings appear!!! Well, have finally bitten the bullet and listed the damn thing on e-bay. Am genuinely hoping to raise some cash as am still paying off the wedding on my credit cards - ouch!
My mum's just been crying about it but I genuinely feel nothing. I just want to get rid of it and hope that it makes another bride feel like a million dollars like I did.
I'm currently feeling less million dollars and more loose change as went for a snowy walk with my mate today and did not so much walking and far too much drinking medicinal baileys in conservatory. It was this dutch (or irish) courage that led me home to list my dress. So, cheers to e-bay and here's hoping it's one more small step away from that weasel. God knows I'm going to haev fun spending the cash! Next step, selling my engagement and wedding rings. Am not sure what I'd get for those but I know I don't want them hanging around in my house anymore as I'm sure they're jinxed.
Off out tonight with my best mate, my brother and his fiancee and Tom to our local pub for the two meals for a tenner deal. So, it' scampi or chicken in basket all round. Who says fine dining can't be found in the countryside?
I'm also nursing a terrible runny nose at the moment, I blame it on the stress of yesterday. I reckon there's only one thing for it and that's to get me to the bar!
Been really lonely last 24 hours as Tom was stuck over in his village because of the snow so I spent last night in the bath reading a book on the social history of Britain since 1948, could I beeeeee any sadder?!!
Anyway, today was just a quick one to say hi and to let anyone who had commented know that the system's all up and running and I've published everything so far.
Thanks too to Saskia for your make up advice - if anyone needs any hints and tips then this girl is pure gold. A true lady in every sense of the word and a mine of great info about all things girly - Saskia you are my new idol!!!!
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
P.S By the way, that's my lovely estonian grandad, not ST!!!! and that's not my venue, it's my mum's conservatory! LOL
Oh, and I'm also going to be selling all the table centres etc that I made so if you know anyone that wants anything like these then please let me know - going very very cheap to a good home! All home made and from silk flowers with diamantes and pearls.
4 comments:
I don't think the wording needs tweaked at all! ;) I hope you find the process of selling everything cathartic. I'd probably try ebay for your rings as well above a jewellers, I'm not quite sure you'd get a good price going to the latter, but good luck with whichever route you decide to go down! x
- Mrs D 2 b
hey hun,
I think your doing the right thing!
Love the centre pieces, how many are there?
Hi Emmy,
Just wondering how much youre selling the top table arrangement for please??
xx
Hey Clare,
The only things left out of the arrangements are the tall vases with the black, white and sparkly bits in them. They're lined up on the table in the photo.
There's two white vases and 5 black ones left. Each one cost £35 to make but I'm open to any offers really!
Glad you like them - they're really lovely but I just can't seem to store them anymore.
XXXXXXXXXXX
Post a Comment